• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any laws on hunting?

jesska

Alpha Buck
sorry this is not a bunny relating matter well kinda is but my dad goes hunting with he harris hawk and kills rabbits and anything really me and my mum and real animal lover how can i stop him :(
any law againist it

He is only poaching if he doesn't have permission of the land owner.

Harsh though it is, wild rabbits do need to be controlled on farmland (a local lavender farm lost a whole years crop once).

I would prefer a wild rabbit to be killed quickly and cleanly by a rifle shot to the head or a trained hawk, than suffer agonies as a result of myxi (which is still deliberately spread from place to place in the UK as a pest control measure) :(

I also prefer to see the rabbits *used* in some way once they are dead, rather than just dumped in the hedgerow for the foxes - I seek out people who shoot wild rabbits locally and feed their bag to my dogs.

Im an animal lover and have been known to do a bit of falconry now and again. 'fish gotta swim, birds got to eat' *quote from finding nemo*

Although the person I did a bit of falconry with owns quite a few birds has a licence and does pest control also.

Back