• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Midges...HELP!?

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Omg... I need help...
My buns now live in a playhouse, and today I cleaned them al out. Well today has been quite warm, and when I took everything out to clean it all there was little midges on everything, windows, bed, litter tray...

Are they just because of warm weather or will they hurt the buns??

What can I do????

If they are really tiny little black things, they might be corn lice (not real lice - it's just a name) although I think some people call them thunder flies. Anyway, they are just annoying not harmful.

Are the buns vaccinated? Can you put some fine net curtain or something up at the windows & door? Def a good idea for summer.

Ye Ive got curtains... They are vacinated... But if they cant harm them:roll:

I dont think they bother them, but I just got really scared when I sa them...

Ye Ive got curtains... They are vacinated... But if they cant harm them:roll:

I dont think they bother them, but I just got really scared when I sa them...

Well depending on what they are, they can harm them. As it says on RR's page on vaccs - "Insects including mosquitoes, ticks, mites, lice and fleas can all carry the disease" ;) (Myxi)

they should be ok if they are vaccinated but you can get some fly spray that is specifically meant for use on rabbits :)

Do they make fly spray suitable for buns?

I might look into getting some?

Plus. They are vaccinated... so hopefully if I find some spray they will be fine

Back