• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back to stage 1 again x

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
well Mops eye did improve then last night it started wtering again really bad so we took her to the vets and she is on drops again if it carries on then she will have to have her tearduct flushed xx :cry:

Its not so bad having them flushed, we had a baby born with half an eye lid and his was blocked, it made it worse as he couldn't blink to add moisture to them. After having a number oops of different drops they decided to flush it. He is a lot better now but still needs eye drops every couple of days to keep them moist but he is so much happier. :)

Yep one of our little baby buns tear ducts didnt open or something similar (sorry cant remember!) so his eyes weren't flushing he had his ducts flushed. He was such a good boy the vet just gave him some sort of aneashetic drops in his eye andd then flushed while he was awake. He was ever such a good boy and kept very still and didnt seem bothered at all. That and a combination of daily drops for a week or so sorted him x

If the vet goes ahead with the flushing make sure they do not force the blockage out and that Mopsy is given an NSAID for approx. 3 days following the procedure along with abx, either oral or topical to prevent/help with infection.

My bun Flump had an eye problem for ages it started in her right eye and then spread to the left one. The vet gave us maxitrol for weeks they did nothing to help the problem. Then he advised a flush which she had - the night we got her home from the flush was terrible she reacted badly to the annestestic. At one point we thought we were going to loose her. We took her to the emercency vet - the car drive seem to wake her up abit... she was give an injection to keep her guts moving and we were told to keep her warm (rabbits cannot control their body temp) we did this all night with warm towels and she made a full recovery. The next week we took her to check hers eyes and they were blocked again!!! We were given maxitrol again! I took it on myself a fews days later mostly because of advice on here to take her back - I told him the drops were doin nothing - he then gave me tiacil - this made her eyes worse and inflamed terrible her third eyelid. I decided to change branch of vets and took her to see another vet. She gave us oral antibiotics Baytril and Fucithalmic drops - these worked fantastic and within 5 days her eyes were cleared.

Her eyes are still very watery from time to time - the vet says they will properley be like forever. In my opinion Flump never needed the flush just better antibiotics. All the flush did was deepen the infection.

Sorry for rambling and I'm afraid I don't kno all the story with ur bun but just make sure ur vet has tryed everythin else first as flushes are not all the most effective.

:wave:

Back