• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runs

toadflaxbex

Warren Scout
I currently have a 5x3x1.5 run that can be folded up. I have a small garden, well small grass area, so I need to be able to put a run away. I feel that this run is too small for my two buns. They seem ok but they can't jump around in it and when the run around they hit the sides and I just feel a bigger one would be better.

Does anyone have any ideas apart from ebay where I can get a folding run from that is bigger and has a lid. I have seen the wire type ones, but ideally a wood will be better as I feel its more secure so I can leave them out in it.

I keep an eye on them, as can see from my window, but I feel one with a secure lid is better.

Any ideas or anyone kno wof any plans so we can make one?
Ideas would be greta. Thanks

:wave:

I have this run

DSC03513.jpg

DSC01368.jpg

DSC01369.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

It doesnt have the hutch inside anymore and is folded away at night, so I just pull it out during the day for them to play in :D It just slides right behind Trip and Scarletts hutch so isnt in the way or anything :lol:

I got that one at a pet shop for £100 but have never seen one that size again at a shop, and the one that sold it to me said they dont sell them that big before and after I purchased it from them :roll: :lol:

It has three seperate roof pannels which are easy enough to take off, I leave the roof off while im in the garden but put it on when I go inside. Even with the roof on I can still sit inside without banging my head, I just have to crawl in and out :lol: It even has a little door :D

I know ive not really helped but thought the pictures might help a little if you decide to make one ;) Then you can have whatever size you like :lol: Im going to try and make one soon and I have never made anything before :shock: I started a thread not to long ago where people showed me pics of runs they have made. I would have thought its just a case of making the pannels and hinging them together so it folds down :D

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=110592

Good luck, I havent started mine yet because I am scared of the mess I am going to make! x

If you can't find one big enough, get two and ask them not to put mesh in on one side each. Then you can put them next to each other for one big run. You could add hock/eyes to clip the two together if needed :D

WOW wish i had the space for that. At present they are in a 6ft L by 6ft H by 3ft D three tier hutch that we built out of a shed and put ramps and shelves in it to make it a three tier. They have a huge bottom part to it that they spend most of their time in, and the front of that part comes off, so... We currently have the run I mentioned which my OH is going to dismantle to make a small adjoining run on the hutch ( which will be on concrete) so they can just bounce out of the bottom into the smaller run.
So I want a bigger one to go on the grass. He keeps whining at me about making stuff so I guess I have to buy one, but in the long run may end up costing the same for the materials. As the hutch costs us about £250 to make :shock:

So I am hoping the one from ebay will fit on the grass ok. it looks much better than the one I have now I must say.

If you can't find one big enough, get two and ask them not to put mesh in on one side each. Then you can put them next to each other for one big run. You could add hock/eyes to clip the two together if needed :D

Its an idea, but our grass area is pretty small, the one we have atm takes up most of it (width) :(

WOW wish i had the space for that. At present they are in a 6ft L by 6ft H by 3ft D three tier hutch that we built out of a shed and put ramps and shelves in it to make it a three tier. They have a huge bottom part to it that they spend most of their time in, and the front of that part comes off, so... We currently have the run I mentioned which my OH is going to dismantle to make a small adjoining run on the hutch ( which will be on concrete) so they can just bounce out of the bottom into the smaller run.
So I want a bigger one to go on the grass. He keeps whining at me about making stuff so I guess I have to buy one, but in the long run may end up costing the same for the materials. As the hutch costs us about £250 to make :shock:

So I am hoping the one from ebay will fit on the grass ok. it looks much better than the one I have now I must say.

That one looks good :D I posted before I saw that link :lol: And your right about the materials, I expect it would cost about the same even more than buying one already made :lol: x

Do any of you use the metal ones? If so how sturdy are they? easy to put together? Do you need to pin them down with tent pegs or something or are they heavy enough? The run I wanted to get I missed out on :(

Back