• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed for my little Otus

toadflaxbex

Warren Scout
Hey all,

I have a poorly bunny. I went out to feed him this morning and he had a few mouth fulls of pellets and then walked away which is very odd for him. I gave him is spring green and again he said no thanks. I think there is diarrhoea in his bedroom too, as doesn't look normal but not sure who its from, I guess him seeing as he has a bad tum.

He went to the bottom of the hutch and lay out flat and then started rolling around on his back, you know like cats do to get their belly rubbed.

So I knew something wasn't right, went to the vet and he said his belly seems a bit gurgley. So he gave him a metocopromide (sp?) injection and some fiberplex i think it is called which I have to give him three times a day -joy!

Anyway got him home and was just hoping to see him back to normal, i know wishful thinking but I just wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced this especially the rolling on the back as never seen that before.

And I was just hoping for some vibes to see him through please.
Thanks guys!

awww poor bunny

I have had the wonderful task of giving bunny fibreplex.... u can massage their belly if they have a sore tummy, I did for my bun when he was poorly with GI he seemed to like it but I wasn't pressing hard

I had a really hard time when thumper had GI the gurgles really upset me, I did have success with infacol which is easy to administer

the metaclopromide will get his tummy going again but it wont necessarily be quick (sorry to be the bearer of bad news) Can he come indoors while he is poorly ? they can change so quickly when they are like this?

Lots of vibes. GI Stasis is horrible, keep syringe feeding until he starts to eat on his own and try to keep him warm.

Smokey gets GI Stasis a lot, she tends to flatten herself out and then scrunch herself up.

Well done for getting him to the vets so quickly.
It may seem lie it takes forever for him to be back to normal, but he should be better very soon.
I'm mean and cruel ;) and make my buns run around if they are showing signs o fa poorly tummy - it helps to disperse the wind and get their tummies going again.
He may appreciate a snugglesafe to lie on too, and I've found syringing cooled boiled water helps too.
Sending lots of vibes

Back