• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Too fat???

toadflaxbex

Warren Scout
I have a dwarf lop, well told he was and from all your pics I think he is. How do I know if he is over weight? I have a small girl and compared to her he is HUGE. Something tells me his winter coat maybe making him look on the large side, but with warm weather maybe coming in the next few months, I want to get cracking on him losing weight if he needs to.

I have to separate them when they are eating now to make sure she gets some as he is such a bruiser he pushes her out of the way. So I want to make sure if he needs to lose weight I do it sooner rather than later as obviously not good for him and I don't want it getting out of control.

If he is over weight it is because he steals the lady's food, as I know I give them a small amount of pellets and the rest is hay. So that will then make me think she isn't getting enough although she looks fine to me.

I may be wrong he may be ok and it is just his natural size or his winter coat, but how do I tell if he needs to lose a few pounds?

Looks very much the same size as my Jem and I wondered if she was getting a little on the large size. She also gets to the food first though Flopsy is now learning:lol:

DSCF0859.jpg

DSCF0826.jpg

That pic was taking about 6 months ago, he is bigger now :shock:

I will try get a more up to date one so you can see tomorrow though of course

Back