• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Comet update with Vids

Doncat5

Mama Doe
Just a little update on my special tiny boy, with very short vids.

Little Comet was recued from a market just before Christmas, along with 18 other very lucky furries, as part of the 'Honeybunnies Rescue Mission'. I fell for him the moment I saw him and outbid the dog meat man .... he cost me the outrageous price of £2, thats 2 whole pounds! :shock:

Anyway, I discovered he had some real walking problems and was virtually dragging his legs, not able to hop at all, but walk ok, dog like. Its thought he has some sort of spinal injury, and the vets who've seen him, all agree. He really was quite bad at first. He was tiny, as light as a feather but I think his small size was a great help in him healing.

Over the next few weeks I totally fell in love with him (how could I resist) and we have a real close bond, he loves me like no other bun ever has, he kisses me all the time and is soooo loving, he's everything I could possibly want in a bunny, including his colour.:love:

With plenty of love and attention and being confined in a small indoor hutch to stop him overdoing things, he gradually made some improvents and even learnt to do hops!

Here he is excercising in the shed, Rudys shed! lol

He's far from 100% and has good days, and bad days, and I'm not totally sure he'll ever be fit enough to cope with a boisterous wife (tho he's doing a good job at impressing me), as he does tend to struggle more after over exherting himself...... but he's doing great, in fact since Valerie has also moved into my ex dining room, he has a real spring in his step (tho he needs a good rest afterwards:lol:).

I've laughed and I've cried over Comet but seeing him fly round his pen this evening and even managing to binky, is just the best thing I've seen in ages, really made my day! (Sorry for the dark blurry vids but theyre very short and I just had to share)..... I love him!

Oh, and to the low-life scum breeder, who was happy to let him, and all his innocent friends, be used as dog food, just because they werent quite 'perfect' enough, THANKYOU, that was the best £2 I ever spent, and I wouldnt give him back for 2 million pounds.... and I sincerely hope you rot. :D

My PERFECT boy:
Comet-Rudy07-01-08043.jpg

Last edited:
oh wow what an absolute cutie! Thats an amazing change through those videos :shock: makes you wonder what caused his problems in the first place :censored: Well done for saving him and helping him realise we arent all that evil :censored: and how amazing seeing him binkying about.. gorgeous! :D

He is so beautiful. And look at him binky! That's really cheered me up.

Awwwwww.....watching those videos has brought tears to my eyes.

What an amazing little bun, and well done you for rescuing him and nursing him so well. It must be really rewarding for you to see him racing around and binkying like that after everything he has gone through.:D

Lets all go and find that breeder and sell him for dog meat!:evil:

Thankyou. Its very rewarding and he always makes me smile, and he always has a kiss for mummy :love:

I'm fairly sure he was 'damaged' by rough handling or being dropped/thrown (seeing the way they were handled, thats highly likely) ..... I think he was 'sent to market' because he has a retained testicle, which will be sorted very soon.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting those videos. It's really amazing seeing him improve. He really is a special bun. I really hope some day I can help a bun too.

:? vids dont work for me:oops:

aww donna hes had such a life and mumu donna has saved him n given him a new one.

omg hes soooooo cute.

so sad about his spine..but if hes not in pain and coping......mmm a wung hung lo bunny eh? bless him..cos thats a pre cancerous risk in humans..is it the same in buns?

donna oscar was so loving like that with nikki......a bun in a million.

little bandit was like that..now hes part of a bunny group.he stills comes up and dances etc but no licks anymore....but hes very happy and shows it....so were happy for him..and hes so affectionate and cheeky in other ways and is the smallest bun weve had.little boy bunnies love their mummys thats what it is! youre used to stroppy does!:lol:

Yes Deb it can turn cancerous for buns too, so it needs sorting... he's ready to be done now, but as he's a tiny tot, I'm obviously VERY worried and I'm giving him an extra couple of weeks to get as big as possible for the op... not looking forward to that day, but I know I cant avoid it, as they have to get the hidden one out!

Shame you cant see the vids... 90% of the time you cant tell he has a problem and he's definately not in pain. :D

Ahhh stroppy does. :lol:

Wow his progress is amazing!! He is such a special little bunny. I love that last video!! Well done Comet and bunny angel mummy!!:love::bunny:

:love:

I don't know how you coped at the market. I may have gone into a hulk style rage...or more likely just cried. Comet is so cute its so amazing you have such a good bond. Rabbits really are amazing to have been treated so badly by humans yet be so forgiving to us.

Really amazing videos, really moving, what a special boy he is. :D His progress is amazing, its like neurorehabilitation for buns.

I cant put into words how i feel about the fact that he could have been a possible meal. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

He is such a bum wiggler in the first vid he is the cutest bun fell in love with him the first time i saw him after the rescue. He is perfect and so lucky to have found a loving home:D

Back