• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A little story about a rabbit in need called Lulu

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
My mum was told about a woman who had a rabbit that had been kept in an indoor cage for over a year and never let out and now she wanted rid.
So we called Donna who said to take her if we could and boy was it a good job that we did.
This poor thing is really over weight and stunk to high heaven so we took her to the vets to get checked over (thanks Donna and Christabel for sqeezing us in :oops:) and she was caked in wee and poo.
The poo was a lump the size of a tennis ball and with the weight of it had stretched her openings far wider than they should be, it was the most horrible thing i have ever seen no wonder she could barely move around :cry::cry: I wish we had taken some pics now, I can't believe how disgusting people are.
Also she didn't have a name and was being fed on HAMSTER mix food :evil:
She is so docile and loving and happily sits for nose rubs and was very good when she was bathed and dried and will make a very lovely rabbit for someone when she is better.
Heres where she was -
lulu005.jpg

Here she is -
lulu002.jpg

lulu004.jpg

Well done you for getting hold of her.

Why is it that often the bunnies who have the worst possible start end up being some of the most loving, friendly four legs? It's as if they know that they are safe now.

She's a truly beautiful girl - more pictures please when you can.:)

Pretty girl :love::love: is she being rehomed or you keeping her?

Not naming her is just :roll:some people make me sick!:cry:

Awwww, poor girl. She looks a bit like Harry. I am sure she feels much better now. Well done for getting her out of her prison.

I would love to keep her ! But my Mum is saying nooooooooo:no: Every foster bun we have i want to keep:lol: My sister Katie has fallen in :love: with her as well ! We have called her Lulu. When the vet gives her the all clear she will go up for adoption .

what a beautiful bunny and how sad to let her get in such a state :( poor thing deserves a lovely forever home now - and Lulu is a lovely name - I have a piggie called Lulu :D

That is such a heartbreaking story, im so glad you have her now. I agree with Elve, Lulu is a lovely name, thats what I call my dog even though her name is Missy.
Sallyx

Back