• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finding a rescue Bun

Brennan

Alpha Buck
I have clicked on some of the links but I cannot find any girl bunnies up for adoption in Kent how far do people travel to get new buns?

I was hoping the rescue centre would bond my buns as well

also would prob be better if bunny picked his girl as well

Last edited:
Have you looked on locations nearest to you other than kent?I am sure if you found a bunny suitable elsewhere then someone could help you,or try the RSPCA in your area

jackie x

It seems lie there is a bit of a shortage of girls at the moent. I was searching earlier and it seems like mainly boys. It does rotate though so there will be girls again soon. Try contacting your local rescues to see what they have. What's displayed online is usually just a portion of what's actually available.

Tamsin

Thanks guys I am in Rainham in Kent I have found a few centres but perhaps hey haven't got all of their girls online

A friend mentioned a place called bobtails which is kind of near sevenoaks (I think) which is a little further but not too bad...

It seems lie there is a bit of a shortage of girls at the moent. I was searching earlier and it seems like mainly boys. It does rotate though so there will be girls again soon. Try contacting your local rescues to see what they have. What's displayed online is usually just a portion of what's actually available.

Tamsin

I have two girls for re-home, one is on rehome now, Ollie and the other, Pumkin is in for spay on Thurs and will go on next weekend. Sadly too far away for Princesscarley though.

Despite not being near you, Bobtails is really worth trying. It would be easy enough to get to from Rainham. Mostly M25.

Delia and Jim have a very large throughput of lovely bunnies and so there would almost certainly be someone there for your bun. Delia does all of the bonding on site so you could express an interest in a few wifeybuns and then take your fella over there (if he travels okay) and she would do the rest for you over a period of days. You could then return when Delia is happy with the bond.

Check out the website. Problem is you'll want to take them all home!

:wave: I know Sue at SRR has some very cute girlies in at the moment. It is a way, from Southampton, but it's an easy run to Kent, so a bunny run may be possible.:D

If you have already had your bun in the carrier and out in the car with no obvious signs of stress, like overbreathing, then you'll probably find your bun will be fine.

Guess you have to just try it :)

I find a bit of vetbed, or towel in the carrier helps the bun stop slipping around. Why not take him on a small journey say 10 mins or so and see how he copes. My buns get a bit scared at first but settle down fine :D

well bless him he is fine then

his vet is a 40 min round trip and he was going every other day before xmas with no probs so I take it that means he is ok apart from some paper tearing he is fine ;)

Looks like he is good to go anywhere :lol:

i dont think bunnies like the uncertainty of travelling but do actually travel very well, i find Alvin travels better long distance than the 10 mins up to the vets.... after a while on the motorway i think they get soothed much like how it makes me want to sleep and manage to relax :) city driving is too stop and start even the dog hates that part of being in a car...

Ha ha if he is tearing paper I would say he very fine with it, mine just sit dead still and look scared :lol: Eve who runs briar patch is great, hope you find a bunny he likes :D

Ha ha if he is tearing paper I would say he very fine with it, mine just sit dead still and look scared :lol: Eve who runs briar patch is great, hope you find a bunny he likes :D

awww poor little buns, no he digs and tears things as if to say come on mum I am bored now :lol:

Do you think I should go alone first and check the place out or take him along? (obviously I will call them first)

awww poor little buns, no he digs and tears things as if to say come on mum I am bored now :lol:

Do you think I should go alone first and check the place out or take him along? (obviously I will call them first)

Yeah Eve will want you to go and see the buns first, then arrange a homecheck, nothing to worry about, someone (maybe me!) will come to yours to see where your bunny lives and have a chat about stuff, then arrange a date for him to go for bonding, he will probably have to stay at the rescue overnight to make sure they are properly bonded :)

Back