• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Runny Poo

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
One of my buns has runny poo,i noticed it in the run this afternoon,as they both go in one corner of the hutch not in the run normally.They both look well,what shall i do?

thanks

Jackie x

One of my buns has runny poo,i noticed it in the run this afternoon,as they both go in one corner of the hutch not in the run normally.They both look well,what shall i do?

thanks

Jackie x

Do you know which Bunny has the runny poo?
What do you feed them?
Have you introduced any new foods recently?

If the Buns are adults I would just feed hay and water for 24 hours. You can add a probiotic to their water.
A few Blackberry leaves would be good to give them if you can find any.

In adult Buns unformed faeces can indicate a Dental problem ( the Bun is not eating enough hay) so a Vet check would be a good idea.

If the Buns are Babies then they should be seen by a Vet ASAP.

Janex

Thanks Jane

they are one and 9 months.Both look clean so cant tell which one has it.I gave them some cabbage this morning but they didnt eat it.They are on Wagg bunny food and i am introducing pellets gradually which they wont eat,they look bright and happy,i have removed their food and they are eating timothy hay at the moment.My vet is open all weekend so i can pop them both down to see him any time
thanks for your reply

Jackie

Back