• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The fluffy stage...

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
Okay now I read on another thread about people getting carried away with the baby bunny fluffy stage... Now I love baby bunnies too but I don't agree that they grow out of the fluffy stage. My hoover certainly disagrees with this too!:shock::lol:

Am I just a saddo but my rabbits are all adorable even when they're really naughty. They're still fluffy and cute even though 2 of them are older bunnies (but still babies to me).

Can someone please post a picture of what "over the fluffy stage" is cos I'm confused!!

Luna is fluffier now than when she was a baby, the others haven't changed much. Not sure about Penny and Snoopy, as they were already teenagers by the time I adopted them. The thing that changes most is the face, I'd say. Especially with certain types of lops. The faces become rounder and the noses get bigger. They still look cuddly, though. Just bigger.

It depends on the breed :) Some rabbits will have a fluffier coat as babies, other breeds get a longer coat as they develop. Lionheads for example can change quite a bit :)

To me, the 'fluffy stage' is when their fur is.. um, fluffier? ^^; I know that two of mine that were adopted when still young were in this stage. Their fur was not sleek and 'adult', but sort of fluffy, and the colour of one bunny was much lighter than it is now... It's before the baby bun has their first real moult and gets their adult coat, surely?

Dolores Diggory was very fluffy as a baby, but I don't know what he looks like now. I need to e-mail his new owners and ask for some photos. Maybe he has some fluffy genes, anyway.

I think every animal is seriously cute as a baby as they are so small. But a teenage bunny or adult bunny is just as cute. There is more to cuddle for one thing! :D I don't know if its because mine are house bunnies but when I pick them up for a snuggle or just ly down on the floor with them for fussing I always end up covered in fluffy fur!

Personally I think the idea of going off a pet thats over the "fluffy stage" is more to do with that human's mindset and perception rather than the actual animal themselves.

I don't class 'fluffy stage' as the amount of fluff. :lol: I see it more in the expression, little bundle of fluff. To me when they are not babies they are out of the cute and fluffy stage. Even though they still are. I think it's to do with them being easier to cuddle and hold when they're little.

Young Cashmere Lops have a fluffy stage, look:

cashies006.jpg

Now a handsome, well groomed adult :wave:

I dont think mine ever left the fluffy stage :lol::lol:

DSCN1377.jpg

His haircut wasnt perfect

Please excuse the messy room, we're currently boxing up ready to move :D

Awwwwwwww!!:love: They are both cute fluffsters but adults still look really fluffy too!! Some breeds more than others...;):D:bunny:

Back