• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benny's Lucky Escape

elve

Banned
:shock: I shudder to think what nearly happened to him - it's so hard to resist 'what ifs' :roll: Son was nagging me to open the gate when he got back from his dad's, so I quickly locked Benny up with some greens, and didn't go out again till supper time, when I let the 4 girls out of the shed.

There was a bit of a commotion kicking off after 5 mins, so I went outside to find Petunia really laying into poor Victoria - very odd as she's not behaved like that for over a year :shock: Maybe next door's rabbit set them off I thought (it's free range 24/7 :roll:) Got them all done and went to let the hutch bunnies out again - Benny's hutch was OPEN :shock::shock::shock: The latch slips sometimes, so I always stand a fencing panel against his door - unless of course a whiney child distracts me :roll:

Poor boy must have been on the patio when I let the girls out :shock: He's invisible at night except for his white paw - I nearly tread on him usually he's so camoflaged :roll: So.....I guess that's why they kicked off :shock: And I guess the little fellow must have cleared a 4' fence to escape the Amazonian Bunny Girls :shock: thank goodness he can jump - they literally would have killed him :?

I let him out this morning and he was veeeery cautious - had a good look round, ears pricked up - oooh never again :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Glad he's alright. Girlie buns - what are they like? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Lucky escape Benny :lol:

Bet you'll check before getting out of your hutch in future ;)

I'm glad nothing serious happened to any of them, how are Petunia and Victoria now?

Aww, I'm glad he's okay :)

Bolts aren't to hard to fit and are much better than those twizzly bits of wood. You can also make them better by putting in a nail just below the wood when it's horizontal/closed. That way it can't slip down. Do it so the wood is at a very slightly angle so it doesn't fall the opposite way.

Tamsin

It's horrible isn't it when you realise you've done something daft.

I remember the first time I left the top of Hera's enclosure open whilst I was cleaning their shed (3.5ft high) and she cleared it into the garden where BB was:shock::shock::shock:
Luckily I heard the clatter of her jumping over and rushed out - she was sat on top of BB after having pulled fur out of her bum:( I swear she'd have killed her.

That was my "never again" moment - I still get a cold shudder if I let the "what ifs" creep into my head:lol:

Back