• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does it freak you out when buns 'flop out'

Brennan

Alpha Buck
OK I am weird but when my bun is totally flopped out on his back/side I am so paranoid he is --- you know ( I can't type it)

Do you worry when u see them so still ???? and floppy????

I end up waking him just to check :oops:

Yep! :oops: My 2 are so fragile that when Clover slumps sometimes she really does look dead. Although these days I'm a bit more likely to say 'oh hello dead Clover' as I walk past her! :lol: The OH found her laying on her back with her feet in the air the other week and nearly had a heart attack - I so wish I'd seen it! :lol:

Yep! :oops: My 2 are so fragile that when Clover slumps sometimes she really does look dead. Although these days I'm a bit more likely to say 'oh hello dead Clover' as I walk past her! :lol: The OH found her laying on her back with her feet in the air the other week and nearly had a heart attack - I so wish I'd seen it! :lol:

oh my god I would have loved to have seen it :lol:

I think its cute but he looks so still I think - oh my goodness, I had to go make a cuppa and he still didn't wake up :roll: when he did he looked at me as if to say 'mum do u mind????'

Piper flopped last night and nearly knocked herself out on the wall! They never flop for long coz as soon as they do it Sean laughs his head off so they jump back up again! Mintrel isn't so bad he just falls over but Piper proper throws herself to the floor, its hilarious!

I freaked out at first... especially as Smudge has this habit of really slowing her breathing and heartbeat down...

But now its not so much, though Smudge seems to have taught Frosty how to do the "Dead Bunny" flop too...

Smudge sometimes does the feet in the air trick though she usually goes the whole hog and completely rolls over, its usually just the flop on the side. Foetal position....

the first time i saw a flop i freaked out! i thought she was dying. it was the day after her spay and she completely flopped over and started breathing REALLY heavy, her eyes were closed and i paniced!!!!

lots of people on here will probably remember my thread!

awww I think it's lovely - only ever seen Benny do it though - he can't resist some warm earth in summer and just flips over into it like it's a slumberdown duvet :lol:

Yes it still freaks me out!
Storm & Mallow have a habit of running around at top speed & then doing a massive bunny flop. Scares me big time:lol:

I love it when they do it cos it looks so cute, but I always just watch them for a minute just to make sure they are still breathing:roll:

Thumper is extra floppy today - must be chilled :lol:

I love it when they do the tip flop - they tip themselves over it's so dramatic

I am glad I am not the only one who panics :lol:

Lola is the midst of a happy flop:D

DSC00459.jpg

I love seeing her so relaxed, i was a little worried the first time she did it tho:lol:

I love seeing my babies flop. They do it all the time just means they're relaxed. I did however freak the first time I saw Beatrix flop then roll on her back with paws in the air!!! Then once I sure her little white belly was moving I just took loads of pics!!:D

DSCF2605.jpg

awwww love the pics :)

He only ever does the side flop never the paws in the air one, he does do the 'dive flop' as well which is so funny

I love it when they flop out,the other night i looked out the window to see sophie flooped in the run and i s**t myself as ive never seen any of them flop in there run in this weather so i ran out and she just looked up as much to say what im chillin:lol:

Rick

OK I am weird but when my bun is totally flopped out on his back/side I am so paranoid he is --- you know ( I can't type it)

Do you worry when u see them so still ???? and floppy????

I end up waking him just to check :oops:

Once had a very large French lop come to us that quite literally went hop , hop , flop on to his side when he was first put into the run. Whats more he shut his eye's and yes I thopught he was the "D" word.

Back