• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Slow or quick bonding?..poll

Favourite bonding method

• Fast. Transport both in same carrier and then put in hutch immediately .

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Slow..side by side for a week ,or until they show signs of interest in each other.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Get someone else to do it!!

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

capel

Warren Veteran
I know there isn't a right or wrong way to approach bonding as it depends so much on the owners(nerves of steel??), and the personalities of the bunsters, but I thought it might be interesting to find out the most popular route.:) It'll help get me geared up for NIa and **surprise** bun's meeting.:D

I have only tried a slow bond once and it failed miserably. :? Fast bonds everytime for me, even with my own bunnies.

Done it both ways, and it hasn't made much difference for me.

With a slow bond, it's best not to have the rabbits side-by-side because they tend to bite each other through the bars, and get territorial.

Neither.. put them together in the bathroom and cross your fingers! [and get a good book to read whilst watching :lol:]

I don't put mine in the car first.

I put them into the hall, on neutral terrritory, for short periods of time and I always try to end on a positive note.

I voted Fast although I never put them in the same carriers or a very small enclosed space. And I don't use neutral territory either :?

I am currently using the slow bond method to bond two particularly fiesty family members both of which live with other buns :?

I use fast....
put them together in a smallish space..big pile of hay and another of veg..and observe..if going well..move them to an indoor cage for at least 2 days.....if goes well..move to freshly cleaned/disinfected hutch.

Any small cases of chasing stopped by clapping or a loud "shhhhhsssttt" noise.

And if the suprise bun is the one i'm thinking of don't think you'll have any trouble from him!!!

Last edited:
With Amber and Dexter I put them in the kitchen together for 2 hours. Dexter spent the whole time hiding from Amber so then i put them in their new hutch together and left them to it! They were snuggled up together in the morning.

I can't remember what i did with Hobbes and Phoebe :?

I use fast....
put them together in a smallish space..big pile of hat and another of veg..and observe..if going well..move them to an indoor cage for at least 2 days.....if goes well..move to freshly cleaned/diinfected hutch.

Any small cases of chasing stopped by clapping or a loud "shhhhhsssttt" noise.

And if the suprise bun is the one i'm thinking of don't think you'll have any trouble from him!!![/QUOTE]

;):lol::lol::thumb:

And I don't use neutral territory either :?

:shock: Wow I would never use un-neutral territory; I don't use the carrier method either, although I do recommend it if people are adopting a bun to go with a bun they already have - if the journey has to be made then might as well make use -

I voted fast although it's not quite an accurate description :D

i voted on get someone else :D but i am a wusss lololololool

if i was to do it myself id do the fast way and if they didnt get on id not try again, i feel abit sorry for buns who have slow bonding after an initial fight... if i was stuck in a room with someone i hated at first sight id not be a happy gal :evil:

I didn't vote as I have found it depends on the bunnies.... when I introduced Daisy to Gabe it was instant love so I left them together, with Nushka I introduced then separated and did bunny dates as there were some scuffles, with Speedy.... I tried everything and no joy.... :cry:

That said Speedy and one of Ollies babies Pumkin have play time together each night, not a bond but they get on just fine.... my point really, they either love each other immediately, you can take time and force it and it can work and sometimes it will never work.....

So as i said depends on the bunnies for me :roll:

Back