• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few queries!

uniqueanneek

Alpha Buck
Hello all. I've been creating some homemade bunny toys after reading some articles for inspiration....

I got some paper from the paper shredder at work and stuffed it into a toilet tube, and filled a large box with it so Rocky could go in and dig around.

I'm just worried because he seems to eat quite a lot of it! I have replaced the paper with hay in the toilet tube, but left it in the box. does anyone else's bunny do this? Is it ok? I'm so paranoid about GI stasis that i'm worried about anything that might cause it :roll: lol

I'm a new bunny owner btw... can you tell?!? :?

Also my bunny ran passed the mirror and it was hilarious. He was obsessed with the rabbit staring back at him and I could see his little brain cogs turning as to why it wasn't responding the way he'd like lol:lol:

And finally my vet checked gave my bunny the once over today and thought that as they were properly descended, he would be ready for neutering next month... hes only 13 weeks! Isn't this a bit young?! She seemed to think that as long as they were descended, he'd be ready??

lots of Q's for you all tonight :D

depends on his weight really, my domino was neutured at 14 weeks cus he was the right weight! x

If your vet is experienced then yes they can do them as soon as they drop. Some places do them from 12 weeks. Four months is the norm though so 3-4 weeks would be about right :)

Is he actually eating it? Scamp mostly just shreds paper in to even smaller pieces :lol:

I wouldn,t let him eat too much paper:D.You could try toilet roll tubes stuffed with hay and pellets:D
13 weeks sounds about the right age to be neautered.

Sounds right about the age for neutering. My little chap is not yet 12 weeks and he should be ready for the snip in a few weeks.

Back