• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alvin really hates me :(

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
do rabbits spit cus im pretty sure as well as gruntin and lunging Alvin just spit at me :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

ok my fault, i tried a new technique of brushing and we are now officially not friends anymore :cry::cry::cry:

Dudley always grunts at me when I try to pick him up. I'm sure if he could spit he would.

They never seem to like anything new. i'm sure he'll be friends with you again soon

:lol: I don't think they can. I'm sure he doesn't hate you. He is probably just a bit miffed. I remember when I had to bath Molly. He hated me for days!

theres so much comin out of him im gonna be hated for months by the time were thro with the brushing... i wonder how long before he stops coming into the kitchen (my place of toture) :cry:

theres so much comin out of him im gonna be hated for months by the time were thro with the brushing... i wonder how long before he stops coming into the kitchen (my place of toture) :cry:

Ah don't worry, I take Bobbin into the bathroom for the "bad" things, yet he still ambles right in there! :lol:

Oh dear hope Alvin makes up with you soon, he's a terror isn't he.
Have you tried the damp hands technique although could be just as bad if he won't let you fuss him.:?

I must have the softest bunny going I spent ages grooming Jack with the rubber cat brush last night he just lay on the floor next to me and everytime I stopped he nudged me to carry on :D

Should have seen the amount of fur that came out, had to carry it to the bin in 2 hands. He looks lovely now and he must feel a lot lighter. :)

im actually beginning to think its the brush he was mad with and not me... hes his usually friendly self as long as i dont touch... hes lay right by my feet tonight.... hes very scary when hes mad... :lol::lol::lol::lol: at one point the brush was ripped from my hands and threw to the floor... he looked ok for about half hour and now hes got tuftys of hair again :roll::roll:

ill try again maybe on sat :(

:lol::lol::lol: Shouldn't laugh but he's so feisty isn't he.

Maybe you should try lunge and grab on the tufts every now and then :lol:

Will Pearl let you stroke her?
My last girly bun wouldn't let me near her but after seeing me stroking Dill she eventually used to come and sit next to him so I would stroke her too.
Took a while but made things easier I could just tease the tufts out while I was stroking her.

im actually beginning to think its the brush he was mad with and not me... hes his usually friendly self as long as i dont touch...:(

He doesn't like being touched? That must be quite difficult - can you not pick him up at all or stroke him? or is it just when he's getting 'things done' that he doesn't like? what a sweetie laying on your feet tho :)

when my bun is out all he cares about is chewing and exploring. I think he has selective hearing :rolleyes: he just uses me as a an obstacle to get round in his buny obstacle course!

He doesn't like being touched? That must be quite difficult - can you not pick him up at all or stroke him? or is it just when he's getting 'things done' that he doesn't like? what a sweetie laying on your feet tho :)

when my bun is out all he cares about is chewing and exploring. I think he has selective hearing :rolleyes: he just uses me as a an obstacle to get round in his buny obstacle course!

ste is the picker upper, he dont mind the pain lol... i think im just too nervous for alvin and he plays on it... when he was a baby he used to beat me up and he jumped from my arms and since then im a bit scared of and for him... drugs get hid in food or ste will do the deed, Lou at hopper haven offered to get the tufts out of his feet if we really cant get it done....but i think ste will be able to do it or at least hold him while i do... to weigh him i just tempt him into the carrier...lol

once in stes arms he stops fighting its the actual getting him caught thats the problem :( or he tries to escape as soon as he thinx stes not watching lololololol

:lol::lol::lol: Shouldn't laugh but he's so feisty isn't he.

Maybe you should try lunge and grab on the tufts every now and then :lol:

Will Pearl let you stroke her?
My last girly bun wouldn't let me near her but after seeing me stroking Dill she eventually used to come and sit next to him so I would stroke her too.
Took a while but made things easier I could just tease the tufts out while I was stroking her.

hes a demon, i do pluck him when hes eating something he really loves - he dont seem to notice then lol

pearl is a dream, she freezes no fight in her at all.....me and her have no problems with handling at all :) but her hair isnt as fluffy as his so she needs less brushing :roll: just my luck huh

hes a demon, i do pluck him when hes eating something he really loves - he dont seem to notice then lol

Bobbin is the same, to groom him I place a few treats of the floor and get to work! Once he's finished eating he hops off, so I try to get it all done before he twigs! :lol:

Back