• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice needed please.x

kimd6200

Banned
hi all,my friend came to me today with wat i can describe as a ball of knotted fluff!she is a purelionhead thats never been groomed.my friend got her off a bloke who was goin to dispose:evil: of because she aborted a litter yesterday.poor mite is dead skinny n producing milk.:cry:she is realy friendly n needs some tlc.wat we would like to know is-
1.hows the best way to groom her n how long for?
2.will the milk dry up itself?
my friend has the funds to take her the vets etc so that isnt a problem.were trying to suss out her colour.on the top she is a manky greyish colour but if you blow the fur it looks like a bluey colour if you know wat you mean?given her plenty of hay n some grass n left her alone for abit calm down.any advice would be gladly appreciated.xxxx:)

Maybe when you take her to the vet, they will clip her for you. It might be the best thing to do as long as she isn't outside in case she gets really cold. I would have thought that if her teats arn't being stimulated, she will stop producing milk, but your vet or someone else on the forum will know that. Good luck with her sounds like she needs someone to love her for herself and not because she's a breeding machine.

I would also say take her down the vet, she sounds like she needs a good check up anyway!

The amount of times you ask for advice for your freind I think she should join the forum herself :lol::lol:

i know.she aint got a pc so rings me n tells me "go on ru n ask them this for me".drives me mad,you lot must think im sooo popular!!!!like hell i am!:lol:

I'd suggest gently cutting out all the knots and matts in her fur first just to make sure there isn't anything nasty lurking underneath such a maggots and the like.
The get her to the vet pronto as they'll know the best course of action. Probably junior rabbit feed to bulk her up a bit.
As for the milk she should stop producing it soon as her teats won't be being stimulated. Think someone's already mentioned that though.

The amount of times you ask for advice for your freind I think she should join the forum herself :lol::lol:

When I was a teenager I used to say to a nice lad "my friend fancies you" or other comments starting with "my friend" but it was me all the time.....get my drift.............:roll::roll:

When I was a teenager I used to say to a nice lad "my friend fancies you" or other comments starting with "my friend" but it was me all the time.....get my drift.............:roll::roll:

Don't think there's any need for that :?

hope the bunny is ok, not sure what to suggest really but hope she gets on ok :D

i have posted on here for my friedns too :D as she couldnt join either

thanks.at least someone believes me.iv cutt the knots out n given her a gentle brush n she had a little run around my frontroom.x

yes i know some of my posts have seemed alittle odd but i dont go around with imaginary friends.thats alittle childish.i didnt post this ad for it to get into a slanging match about me.

If its the friend who keeps her rabbits at yours i would suggest she take her to be rehomed somewhere as if she comes to clean them out a few times a week and you feed them for her this little girl will nedd alot of tlc which she cannot provide visiting infrequently and you don't have time to provide

no its another friend and the bunny is staying at her house.im only posting for advice.oh michelle,all her bunnies have gone to her bfs.x

Sounds like you're doing the right stuff. Lionheads get really matted. Doesn't matter who the post is from or who owns the rabbit, as long as you get the right advice to help it.

Back