• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding the Blue Eyed Buns

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Been side by side for about a week and today I've started with them together.

So far so good, but please keep your fingers crossed for the happy couple. I really really would like them to be happy with each other as they both so deserve a lovely friend.

BondingGemsyandHenrys.jpg

aww, I hope everything works out for these two gorgeous bunnies, and they live happily together.
Sallyx

Thank you....

Just moved them from the pen in the garden where they have been all day in to a shed for the night. Still seem to be fine but they don't have to be so close together as the shed is bigger than the pen. Henry did give Gemima licky face earlier on in the day so maybe we'll be lucky.

Well, go on tell us, do you like your new husbun Gemsy? Do you love your new wifelet Henry?

Henry whispers "Wifeybuy, why don't they go away and just leave us alone?"

img_0841.jpg

Thank you....

I have tried bonding a few times in different ways. I have a big shed up the garden now with a big mesh divider. I start the buns off there and then normally take them out and together somewhere else, like the run on the grass, or in this case on a small patio that they have never been on before. I them returned them to the big shed minus the divider after cleaning out completely and replacing all of the trays and toys etc. Just hope this bond is for keeps as Gemima was previously bonded to my housebun Arnold Monkfish (her first married name was Her ladyship, Gemmaloolar Bigby-Monkfish!). They were great for months and then overnight started to rip each other to pieces. We tried over a period of months to rebond them, but they wouldn't have it.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I devide the playhouse in the same way and the run for about 1 or 2 weeks as you can see them getting closer then start the bond on nuetral territory.

Rick

Back