• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need advice

mitsy

New Kit
hi
have not been on here for ages.
need some advice from you guys, my lionhead brain has a pooey bum at the moment he smells really bad bless him.
he as had for two or three days now, i have taken his food away today and just left him with hay to eat.
we keep cleaning his bottom for him.
i have decided not to give him any of the food that i brought at the weekend because it is not his normal one but was very silmiar.. i think this is the problem.
i not sure what else i can do for him. i would like to put him outside in his run but i am not sure about it with his upset tum at the moment, so we have left him in the shed to run around just in case the cold weather makes it worse.
am i doing the right thing.. is they anything else i can do.
another question, brain in moulting quite badly at the moment i think he has started earlier than last year. has anyone elses liionheads starting to moult yet?
thanks for your time.

I have had a similar experience a few years ago with one of my rabbits.

My advice is just feed him hay and water for the next couple of days and also if you pop into the vets ask them for some Bio-Lapis sachets.

You don't have to see the vet to get these you can buy them from the vets without a consultation.

You dilute 1 sachet in 50ml of water and give it them for a minimum of 5 days they cost around a fiver for 5 sachets. They help to restore the good bacteria in your rabbits digestive system.

You can also buy them online for just over £20 a box

Hope this advice helps

thanks i may well do that if it carrys on.
i will check him when i get home from work.

thankyou

If you gave a new type of food at the weekend that will have done it there tummies don't like a sudden change you have to do it gradually. He'll be fine after a few days on hay only then only give very small amounts of the food and increase gradually.

I have found in these circumstances half a handful of oats really works as a one off. It really dries them up and so do dried/fresh dandelion leaves. I hasten to add these were recommended by my Vet.

hi everyone
thanks for all your advice
brains bum has seemed to have cleared up we have normal hard round poo`s.
we washed his bum last night, and boy we are not very popular this morning. love him.
he heard me coming in this morning to feed him and he run into his sleep part of his hutch, until i had filled his food bowl and left the shed, then he started to have his breakfast.
normally when i go in the mornings i get lots of morning kisses and we have nose rubs but this morning nothing. oh he is a funny bun bun.
thanks again x

Back