• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Travel Cage

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
we're going to my parents house this weekend and after much deliberation i bought the biggest thing that would fit in my car (damn darren and his sporty taste!)

THIS IS PURELY FOR USE IN THE CAR

When we arrive there they have a crate the same as the one they have here and free roam of my bedroom so lots of space for them

CIMG0118.jpg

Zola can *almost* fully stand up and Wispa can fully stand up, i doubt they'll do that in the car though, they'd lose balance!

CIMG0119.jpg

lying down side by side there is still half a cage left so much roomier than a carrier. i compared the size with the biggest atlas carrier that the shop did and the cage was bigger and a third of the price

CIMG0116.jpg

i think it looks great...good ventilation too and like you said its only for travelling in. I doubt they would want something too roomy as they may slip around. hope they have a peaceful roadtrip!!:D

Are you going to put a blanket over some of it so they have a dark place to hide in? It looks good though, I think its the same cage I use as a litter tray for my rabbits.

im using the tray as a digging tray they love it!

im going to cover all but one side with a blanket to keep the sun away (if it makes an appearance) and also to make them feel safer

it got me in trouble though!

it went something like this....

darren - "so the buns now have free run of my car?"
me - "no they will be in a cage"
darren - "well where am i supposed to put things that i want to take with me?"
me - "it doesnt take up the whole car!!!"
darren - "whatever"

he's such a sulky boy

Thats what I use to transport my trio they lay down when the cars moving and theres plenty of room for them to stretch out it's great!

Back