• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should I renew pet plan.

Deelove

Wise Old Thumper
My insurance for Molly and Faline (house buns) runs out at the end of feb and I'm not sure whether I should renew it. I love having them covered. But since moving in with my boyfriend I've aquired his rabbits two, which means we have 7 in total and only my two covered.

We can't afford to cover all of them so I was thinking it should be all or nothing. Then again, is there reasons for having house buns covered and not the others...

You would get a multi pet discount if you have 3 or more rabbits covered. I would renew it as I have 12 rabbits, 4 dogs & 1 cat

I have 7 rabbits, 3 cats and 1 dog. None have insurance. I find it easier to pay out should something go wrong with one than cover them all individually 'just incase'.

I do put money away for them each month though.

I have 7 rabbits, 3 cats and 1 dog. None have insurance. I find it easier to pay out should something go wrong with one than cover them all individually 'just incase'.

I do put money away for them each month though.

Same here.

I've always had at least least 7 animals for the last 15 years (4 cats, 2 dogs, 1 rabbit, tho more buns now) and never had any insurance for any of them. If you have a couple then I think insurance maybe worthwhile, but with any more, I think just putting some aside each week/month should be sufficient. I've had a few big bills but always managed.

It's probably best to use the money that would go on the insurance and put it away in a savings account and a bit more so that it's there as an emergency fund if any of the buns need it. Insuring all 7 might be too expensive, and only keeping 2 insured means that if one of the uninsured ones becomes ill you'll feel guilty about it as you have others that are covered.

That's what I'd do.

I also put money away each month, I was a bit scared when I first started and thought im never going to save enough but looking now I have enough should more than one animal need treatment at the same time :D It builds up quickly and for the first few months I put away £500 each month just to get it started x

i would re insure them. if i only put aside what id pay for insurance every month id only be putting £18 a month away. i know you have more rabbits so you'd be putting more away each month but what if more that one rabbit got ill at the same time.

personally i cant afford to save a lot of money each month and i only have £100 credit limit on my credit card.

for you i suppose it depends on your financial circumstances and if you can afford outright payments if more than one bun gets sick

Back