• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

omg a fox has just been in my house!!!!

suzy_d

Alpha Buck
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! As i came downstairs I heard banging from the lounge, went in and saw the back end of a foxes tail run out and jump out the window!! :censored::censored::censored:

Luckily my buns are playing in the garage. I have no idea why it came in, they are never usually in the lounge anyway (they are outdoor buns). :censored:

Just a word of warning :shock:

xx

The cheeky beggar!! I've never heard of that before. Do you live in the countryside?

Thank goodness your buns were all safe in the garage.

No I live in a town! Main road going along the back and about 5 mins walk to town, there are no fields anywhere! Iv just seen it again, sauntering up the road the cheeky :censored::censored:

I know thank god my buns were safe. One lives in the garage the other outdoors which is padlocked and bolted, panels over the top weighted down by bricks. Very nervous now, and the :censored: has just left poo by the window. :censored:

OMG a fox has just been in my house.

I get foxes coming in my house nearly every day:cry:It,s why i can no longer have house rabbits :cry::evil:as the fox came in and went upstairs to where my bunnies were in my bedroom and nearly killed one of them:cry:luckily i heard her scream and chased out the fox:evil:she had a bite wound on her neck which had to be cleaned up at the vets:cry:
I now only have my bunnies in a shed as i can keep them safe there:)
The fox probably smelt your buns and was looking for lunch:evil:
I keep having my pussies food bowls stolen by a fox:evil:

OMG a fox has just been in my house

I line "in town" too but my house has a big garden and backs onton a field:)the foxes live in next door neighbour,s garden which is really overgrown:shock::evil:eek:ften i have 8 adults sitting on my doorstep in the morning:shock:
I have got used to them being around now as they have been coming into the garden for about 6 years now:cry:
My neighbour has a cat flap and the fox goes into her house at night and sleeps on her settee:shock::lol:

It wouldn't be the first time, didn't Jane have a bun taken by a fox that came in through the window?

Yes, Jacks brother Ronan was murdered by a Fox that came into my kitchen through an open window :cry:

Never again do I want to see what I saw that day and I loathe Foxes because of it. They dont 'play' by the rules now, and coming into the house changes the rules of engagement. If I had had a shot-gun that day I would have used it.

Sorry to go off on one :oops: but I still have flashbacks of that dreadful day

:cry::cry::cry:

Janex

I line "in town" too but my house has a big garden and backs onton a field:)the foxes live in next door neighbour,s garden which is really overgrown:shock::evil:eek:ften i have 8 adults sitting on my doorstep in the morning:shock:
I have got used to them being around now as they have been coming into the garden for about 6 years now:cry:
My neighbour has a cat flap and the fox goes into her house at night and sleeps on her settee:shock::lol:

That's really bad.. foxes often carry mange which is highly contagious.. I'm not sure what I would do if that were me :?:?

foxes.

Yes mange is a problem with foxes also they carry tapeworm and fleas:cry:
My neighbour looked after her daughter,s dog while she went away on holiday and he got mange so these foxes must be carriers:evil:
I have seen them in my bunnies run at night :evil:and they sit on top of their bun house sunbathing when it,s warm:evil:
I have wire mesh covering the top of the run so that the foxes can,t get in:)but i am always "on guard" when the buns are out:evil:
I tried to get enviromental health and RSPCA to do something about them as we have so many round here but they didn,t want to know:evil:i was told i could hire a marksman to kill them but i couldn,t do that:cry:

Wow. o_o;
In general, I'm fascinated by foxes... I'm not scared of them myself... but when I see them pass through the garden in daylight, I feel absolutely terrified as I worry for my bunnies. It's a strange mix, really. ^^; I like learning about them, and would love seeing one when walking at night... But when they're drifting through the garden in daylight hours before I put bunnies out to play...

I still don't get why people get so angry at the foxes themselves - put an animal somewhere that its natural predator can get to and what do you expect :? Another reason I think sheds are much better for rabbits than hutches, and why I always sit out in the rabbit run when they're out.
We're the ones who've built houses where animals would naturally roam, or encourage them into towns etc with litter/an easy source of food. I'm sure most of you would be outraged at someone ranting about wanting to get a shotgun and shoot wild rabbits that were nibbling on their plants/crops :?

When I was younger, I had a bun that was chased around the garden by a fox who had managed to totally destroy the run and the bun managed to escape under the shed. I had just gone inside to go to the loo and get a drink

Foxes are very much oppertunist animals, which has meant they have adapted to survive and as such they have ventured into towns for the rich pickings!

I believe urban foxes are indeed far more brave and more used to humans than their country living counterparts. Unfortunatly I think that would mean you are more likely to find a fox in your house if you live in a town than the country side!

I do like foxes, we've had a few in the garden (we back onto fields / playing fields), but they do scarper pretty quickly if they see you!

Hannah

I still don't get why people get so angry at the foxes themselves - put an animal somewhere that its natural predator can get to and what do you expect :?

Im afraid I have to say I agree with this. Having worked with and helped rehabilitate foxes for a couple of years I came to realise its us who put our pets at risk, its not the foxes fault for acting out natural behaviour patterns.

My parents had a fox come into their kitchen one evening too (also through the cat flap). Apparently my mum spotted something out of the corner of her eye, turned around thinking that it was one of the cats and there was a fox sat there, bold as anything! :shock: My mum went to step backwards and the movement must have startled the fox because it bolted back out the way it came. I think I would died :oops:

Thank goodness your rabbits were safe! Makes me shudder to think what could have happened :(

Urban foxes are definitely getting bolder. I've made a mental note not to leave any windows open when I have a house, at the moment I think Jessica is fairly safe from foxes as we're in a 2nd floor flat.

I still don't get why people get so angry at the foxes themselves - put an animal somewhere that its natural predator can get to and what do you expect :? Another reason I think sheds are much better for rabbits than hutches, and why I always sit out in the rabbit run when they're out.
We're the ones who've built houses where animals would naturally roam, or encourage them into towns etc with litter/an easy source of food. I'm sure most of you would be outraged at someone ranting about wanting to get a shotgun and shoot wild rabbits that were nibbling on their plants/crops :?

Totally agree.

Any hate should be aimed at ourselves as its us that put the foxes in the situation where they have to scavenge and kill what they can and our fault that pet rabbits and other small furries/feathered friends exist for foxes to predate.
Would you hate a lion for killing to feed its family on a tv doc? Or a hedgehog killing a slug in your garden? We all have to survive in this world ;)

Thank goodness your rabbits were safe! Makes me shudder to think what could have happened :(

Urban foxes are definitely getting bolder. I've made a mental note not to leave any windows open when I have a house, at the moment I think Jessica is fairly safe from foxes as we're in a 2nd floor flat.

We're in a third floor apartment so mine are safe too, I'll be so paranoid when we move to a house.

Back