• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does anyone else work for there rabbits?

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
lol i do :shock: im starting to do loads of overtime at work just to pay for a new rabbit hutch and Binkys vaccinations and neuter and theres the vet fund on top of that lol i have £25 taken out my bank every week into my savings account for an emergancy. but seriously though i think its time i take a day off im so tired ive worked none stop for the past 2 weeks with only 1 day off :? :shock:

Most of us probably :lol:

I only have 8 rabbits, and my vets bill for Feb. is already nearly £300. I expect it to be nearer £500 by the end of the month :roll:

Amy

I'm too lazy to do overtime :roll: plus I wouldn't get paid for it anyhow, so there seems little point!

Barley is one of the things that get me out of bed on a bad day!

Hannah

Yes, if it wasn't for my rabbits I'd have stopped private tuition two years ago!That sounds as though I put dodgy adverts up in phone boxes doesn't it:shock::lol:

nope what i work is what i would be working if i had pets or not, its to have somewhere to live and pay my bills i get up each day... life on the dole would destroy my soul even tho i moan about work, i love being a career gal :)

Yeah, I pretty much live for all of my animals, most of my spare time is consumed by caring for them as well as all of my spare cash going into feeding/housing them, but I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Not just my bunnies, but all of our animals! I spend an awful lot on them with food, treats, vets, insurance... I have give up to add it all up, it only gives me a heart attack... :oops: On the other hand, I don't drink or smoke, so don't spend any money on those sort of things... Keeping pets is much healthier... But I would be quite rich if it wasn't for them, whereas now I seem to be permanently broke. :roll::D

hehe i wouldnt have it any other way with my animals either if i didnt spend the money on them then id just spend it on junk :? lol

Well I dont really have any choice about working overtime :roll: But when im at work late im thinking this is more money for the vet fund which kind of makes me feel a bit better :lol: I would rather leave on time and actually be with the rabbits though!

My new hutch I just got was almost £500 and completely covered by my overtime for december :shock: :(

I do or at least I did :rolleyes:

I used to work 12 hour days :(

But as others have said not drinking or smoking means you can spend it on the animals.

I have far too much junk anyway :roll::lol:

Yep :wave:

I am contracted to do 5 hours overtime per week, Im not supposed to do more but Im slowly edging it up :oops:

They dont seem to have noticed yet....

Back