• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Homer - trip to vet again!

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
Got in tonight to find that Homey would not eat any broccoli, had a nibble then left it (he was eating at about 3pm this afternoon). Tried him with some parsley and then some spring cabbage. All his favourites....

Took him to the vet (not one I have seen before) and he checked his teeth, there appeared to be a spear on one of his lower teeth and his cheek was inflamed.

He filed the culprit there and then (not pretty and totally unexpected!) and gave him some Baytril and painkiller. He is still not eating but it was only about an hour ago. I will keep trying to tempt him and if no better by tomorrow take him back.

I am so worried about my little man.

Thanks, he looks very tired at the moment and is lying stretched out with Katy snuggling up to him. I thought the painkiller may have kicked in by now and he may of had some food. Will keep trying to tempt him.

I have brought them in tonight so we can keep an eye on him.

Homey is eating OK this morning, he has had some pellets, broccoli, carrot and cabbage and I syringed some water into him to be on the safe side - mixed with a dash of pineapple juice to fool him it was just water.;)

We had some poops overnight but they were a right old mixture so will keep a close eye on him today and contact my usual vet to see if he still needs some Baytril / painkiller for another day or two.

Back