• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ear Question...

isla

Mama Doe
This might be a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway.

Can up ear'ed bunnies ears lop (or at least go helicopter)?

I ask because Abbey has helicopter ears and I really think Nunzeo is copying her, even though hes an uppy ears rabbit. His ears are looking more and more downey every day! Its so weird!

This might be a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway.

Can up ear'ed bunnies ears lop (or at least go helicopter)?

I ask because Abbey has helicopter ears and I really think Nunzeo is copying her, even though hes an uppy ears rabbit. His ears are looking more and more downey every day! Its so weird!

Have a look inside his ears. Sometimes Buns with ear mites 'semi-lop'

Janex

I have already, and they are nice and clean, I think Xeno 450 treats ear mites anyway (which they all have).

I guess hes just an odd bun!

... funny. o_o

I adopted two bunnies recently. A mother rabbit who was described as a Holland Lop (with helicopter ears, however... and rather too big) and her daughter. ^^ When they arrived, baby bunny had one flopped ear (totally flopped) and one uppity ear. My other two rabbits are both uppity eared... and I thought baby's other ear would flop as she aged a little, but as time goes on her ears are now always both help upwards. I keep wondering if she's seen the other two and decided she wants to be an up-eared rabbit. :lol:

I keep wondering if she's seen the other two and decided she wants to be an up-eared rabbit. :lol:

Thats what I'm wondering with my boy bun! It'll be very intresting to see what happens whrn I introduce the newset rabbit to these 2, as she is a up ear rabbit. I wonder what will happen to his ears then :shock:

I adopted two girls from PAH last year - one was lop, one was one ear very up, one down.(seems to be very common). They were about 9mths to a year old - so well past the age of 'ear indecision'.

Their ears remained the same until I split them due to bullying and re-paired the lop (Willow) with a helicopter ears, and the one up one down (Robinia) with a lop.

Needless to say Willow now has helicopters rather than real lops and Robinia has become a total lop!!!!

This is TRUE!!

I adopted two girls from PAH last year - one was lop, one was one ear very up, one down.(seems to be very common). They were about 9mths to a year old - so well past the age of 'ear indecision'.

Their ears remained the same until I split them due to bullying and re-paired the lop (Willow) with a helicopter ears, and the one up one down (Robinia) with a lop.

Needless to say Willow now has helicopters rather than real lops and Robinia has become a total lop!!!!

This is TRUE!!

Wow!!!

I was trying to come up with an explination as to why Nunzeo's ears are dropping. And I think its because rabbits communicate through their ears, and a up ear bun must be speaking 1 language (say French) and a lop speaking another (say Dutch), and by Nunzeo flopping his ears a bit, is he starting to speak Dutch too?

Hehehe I think thats the most :censored: up thing I've ever written.

Back