• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what is the worst injury you have been given by your rabbit??

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
this is mine, it happened last night when i tried to put Wispa in the crate for bed time. it hurts!!

ouch.jpg

My photo-bucket isnt working! But I have two bad ones at the min that look as thought they are going to scar. One on my arm and one on my neck :(
Naughty Tim Mallett boy! x

Owwww! That looks painful!

Think the worst I've had is kind of scratchy welts [where it hasn't broken the skin] from when I have to do Kitten or Shadow's nails - they calm down after a minute and I hate doing it but I always make sure I wear enough layers! :lol:

Afriend of mine who looked after the buns whilst i was on holiday has a scar from one of my rabbits who scratched him all down his arm and it is still there and he did it in 2001!!

Jackie x

Can't show mine, be well dodgy, but basically I got nipped on my erm....nipple and is was really really sore :oops:

When breaking up a bonding fight I ended up with one of the rescues hanging from my arm. It took three weeks to heal and I lost the full use of three of my fingers for 45 minutes after, I was :censored: myself :oops:

The worst i have ever had was from a foster called Charlotte or satan as the vet calls her.

She bit me on the bum and hung on. it hurt like hell and not only could i not sit down but it ended up in a boil type thing. :oops: No Pictures thankfully!

Charlotte has bitten me, the vet and several other fosterers loads of times.
She has now been rehomed and is a reformed character.

Apart from the normal scratches on the arms and ermmm chest area.

When Red was a baby her claws were razor sharp and I now have permanent scars on my fore arm (was actually asked during a job interview whether I self harmed!!!)

Also I had Red take a 1in chunk out of the side of my hand, after I tripped and dropped Ron and Ginny's comb on the floor and went to grab it. Luckly that never scared.

once when poppy didnt want to be picked up she bit me and was hanging off my hand for a few seconds - that hurt. and i scooped sorrel out from under the bed cos shes not allowed and she kicked and gave me a bunch of 8" bleeding scratches across my chest, i had to wear polo necks for a month!

I've had some bad scratches... One of my rabbits once freaked at the vets, tried to leapt over my shoulder and I had a deep scratch diagonally across my palm... The vet went a little pale looking at that and kept apologising for spooking the bunny. :shock: It didn't really hurt until later in the evening, and healed after a few weeks... ^^; Got some lovely, silvery criss-crossed scars across my chest, though.

Mopsy never has bittne me :D but she alsways nips the vet when near her private parts i don't undersatnd she always allows me to go near there when brushing :D she must just love her mum lots lol :lol:

it isn't the worst but its quite embarrassing:oops:....i bent down to pick poo off the floor:roll: and my thong must have been showing, Lola grabbed it in her teeth and let go...first thing i knew was the sting after the 'ping'...i turned round thinking it was the OH but there was a little Bunny face staring back at me.:lol:

it isn't the worst but its quite embarrassing:oops:....i bent down to pick poo off the floor:roll: and my thong must have been showing, Lola grabbed it in her teeth and let go...first thing i knew was the sting after the 'ping'...i turned round thinking it was the OH but there was a little Bunny face staring back at me.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

A busted nose of my French lop when she was a baby and then a black eye of Simba my lionhead lop (he doesn't like mornings)

flippin hell everything i write doesn't read right tonight :oops: now it seems that i said that none of your bunnies don't love you oh god :oops::oops: i'm sorry x
also yeah most of the time it is the cross fire :D

flippin hell everything i write doesn't read right tonight :oops: now it seems that i said that none of your bunnies don't love you oh god :oops::oops: i'm sorry x
also yeah most of the time it is the cross fire :D

dont be a silly sausage! i wasnt getting at you, i didnt think you had said my bun was evil, i just was clarifying to everyone that she is a nice bunny and doesnt hurt me, a lot of bunnies can hurt you intentionally, like when they pounce and bite, i was just saying it was an accident!!!

i remember when thumper scatched me across my wrist once n it bled like hell.looked like a self harmer for weeks!!!!:oops::lol:

Not my rabbit, but I got bitten by a rabbit at an old job once - he was a known biter, and I walked past to see another member of staff trying to get him out of the cage. I offer to get him as he was going to take hours at the rate he was going (flinching when the rabbit dared look at him :lol:), but bunny was too fast for me and caught my thumb quite deeply, and blood starts going everywhere. Just then, a little girl standing with the customers catches my eyes and I give the other member of staff a glance and ask if he'd told the owners-to-be that the rabbit was a biter...nope :roll: So of course, the parents don't want to get a biting rabbit when they've got a young daughter who'd want to hold it, so I'm trying to figure out a more placid rabbit that'd be suitable, all the while trying to stem the blood, because the guy buggered off leaving me with the customer! Eventually I have to point them towards another member of staff who luckily just arrived back on the shop floor and dash off to the first aid kit. Luckily that's my only real rabbit bite 'cause they don't half hurt!

Back