• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Big Is Yours....?

Witchy

Warren Scout
How big is your bunny?

My french lop boys are about 14" long and will be 3 years old in August. Their mum (RIP Casey) was a good 18" long maximum in total.

I've got two mini lops coming that are currently 10 months old, size unknown and wondered how BIG they get at full grown?

Well Im not sure of length but Billy weighs about 3.2kg (though he may need to diet - I'll be checking with the vet:roll:) and Gizmo weighs 2.8kg.

Domino is a mini lop and weighs between 1 to 1.5kg at the mo, not sure how big he'll get. Cookie is a rex cross with something else and is still very little as she's only 16 wks.

2007_0127Image0013.jpg

This is Hera, one of my 2 giants.
Don't know how long she is - never thought to measure her:lol:

Amber is the same size as Hera, she weighs a very heavy amount I would post a pic but my photobucket isnt working to good? :? Sorry!

Not sure how big they are but Princess C weighs 3.95kg... she is one big lady. I am sure she must be crossed with a big breed somewhere along the line. All I know is that her colouring is Harlequin. My other 2 outdoor buns weigh around £365 kg and are also quite large.... Then little Chancey is tiny compared to them... not sure of his weight. And the foster buns are 1.95 kg.

Im just wondering how small the minis will be in comparison to the frenches really, if they're half the size, smaller or....etc?

Can anyone with a mini give me an estimate size, length of a normal 30cm ruler etc?

Not to get too technical here, but are we talking fully stretched out, or sitting in jelly-mold position? ;)

Izzy in Jelly-mold position is I'd say about 11", he's a dwarf lop and weighs 2.25kg. Jazmine was longer, she was more like 13" and weighed 3.15kg, she was also a dwarf lop.

Nic

For those who have giants 5 KG or so, how many pieces of poos come out every 24 hr.? I need this info. for comparison of the diet of my Flemish Giant

For those who have giants 5 KG or so, how many pieces of poos come out every 24 hr.? I need this info. for comparison of the diet of my Flemish Giant

Id say in an 8 hour period at least 48.
Im sad but sometimes cound them as im finger picking them out her potty!! :lol:

I'll try and count and post back :lol:

She weight 6.25Kg but is a giant cross

That can't be. My bunny is a Flemish Giant, 5 Kg due to loss of 1 removal leg from cancer, is currently dropping 340 poos on average every 24 hr.

The highest I've seen is 443 poos, a mix of small, average, large

Mini lops are the smallest of the lop breed weighting between 3lbs 4ozs - 3lbs 8ozs fully grown, the dwarf lops are the next size then german lops who can go up to 8 1/2lbs in weight and the french lops are the biggest no weight limit as they can grow very large.:D

So are dwarfs and minis the same thing??
No. Mini lops are smaller than dwarf lops:p

Im just wondering how small the minis will be in comparison to the frenches really, if they're half the size, smaller or....etc?

Can anyone with a mini give me an estimate size, length of a normal 30cm ruler etc?

ok.
My mini lop, Sapphie, weighs about 1.3 kg and is about 27 cm long (When lying down but not stretched out.)

My frenchies, Hubble and Lottie, are 21 weeks and weigh 3.7 and 3.9kg and are about 45cm long (again when lying down but not stretched out.)

I would guess my mini is about a third of the overall size of my frenchies, but they are still growing and Sapphie is a small mini lop.

Back