• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stupid Question - what is a REW?

kerina

Warren Scout
I have seen rabbits referred to as REW on here on several occasions, but I have no idea what this means?? :oops:

Can anybody enlighten me?

Kerina

CIMG0154.jpg

wow - he is SO wonderful!!!

Do 'red eyes' have the same quality of vision?? (ok I know its probably a stupid question - but I can't think of any other mammals with red eyes)

wow - he is SO wonderful!!!

Do 'red eyes' have the same quality of vision?? (ok I know its probably a stupid question - but I can't think of any other mammals with red eyes)

apparently a lot of red eyed animals cant focus properly so they scan (sort of wobble their head trying to focus) it depends on each individual animal because Zola only does it a little bit but someone elses does it a lot!

Tim boy doesnt really scan, he just doesnt see you there so you have to touch him for the front so you dont startle him.

x

Rocky scans and weaves when he gets moved somewhere new or meets someone new, he did at a lot when i first bought him. Now he doesn't do it too much.

I think you get red eyed varieties of any animal species really - they're just albinos. I had a REW guinea pig when I was growing up and my friend had an albino REW hamster. I've heard from a few people that albino hamsters can be a bit viscious (if true then its probably due to poorer eyesight and therefore being more scared??) but albino rabbits are just as sweet as all the others :)

pearl does that scanning thing, she looks drunk lolololololol

altho it does seem to be calming down now shes sussed the layout and the voices... deffo first thing in the morning she does her head swaying tho :love: :love:

not sure who told me, shes not actually a REW satin, shes an ivory satin... how lovely is that for a breed name :)

the movement they make from side to side is known as ''the type writter effect'' which suites it down to the ground really.

Back