• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help Flea Question!

CRBevis

Mama Doe
My friend at college cat got fleas, and her cat sleeps on her bed and she said her bed is covered in fleas. Should I stay away from my O/H where Bunnie is?

Is it possible I could get the fleas on me and take to his and Bunnie? How long should I stay away! I feel itchy

:( poor cat! hows abpout telling her about frontline or advantage for a start!
mind you once you get fleas its hard to eridicate esp if your cat goes out a lot. my kits came to me full of fleas and yes our buns got it..we treated kits with frontline never got rid ..but after two lots of advamtage on all concerned touch wood no fleas for wel over a year.
the only thing you can do perhaps is buy a can of skoosh.its not an insecticide its something that sticks the fleas basically...new product..maybe spray some on your clothing on shoes etc.
pre treat bun as well..its coming up to spring flea season begins in earnest then usually anyway...

i know what oyu mean.when my daughters cat had fleas and she came round each time shed gone within minutes id find a flea..i always get bit before anything else..must be my blood:lol:

http://www.nutrecare.co.uk/special_detail.asp?prod_id=1990

my daughter only ever used bob martins flea stuff said it was just as good..we both found frontline ineffective and of sourse i have house buns so i switched to advantage..never looked back. i love the idea of skoosh tho!

i go around with the steam cleaner or my stea,m bee and do the edges etc every few weeks or months as is right now..im not keeping up with any house work etc so i do bits at a time..but flea prevention is essential i agree its so easy to trasfer flea eggs! or live fleas..i dod that by stroking a dog getting back in my now passed dads car and finding a huge ginger flea biting my hand..i nealry passed out!:lol:

She did have a flea collar on the cat but vet told her they no use and to use the droplet stuff he sold her! Cat now riddled with fleas! I appear to be ok got home threw clothes straight in washing and scrubbed in shower! No sign of fleas! but got college next Tuesday again with her so!:(

Back