• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New member needs advice.

superrug

New Kit
Afternoon all and how the devil are we,

Right i need your help and advise i think. Moved not so long ago into town and now can't have a cat because of no garden just a roof terrace right next to the road, so a few friends have mentioned a house rabbit (female friends i have to add), quite a good idea i thought, havent had one since i was a kid. So ive been reading up on how to proof your house , a dog cage and a bed , litter training , all quite exciting really then something has dawned on me in all my excitment. Is it strange for a single 30 yr old hetrosexual man to have a bloody rabbit, :lol: , i think its a good idea really just a bit concerned.

Think my pad is ok , was planning on having it in the living room. Ive got quarry tiles throughout in there , would this be ok ? The old oak beams might take a hammering though.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds good to me, if you have done all the research and are still keen sounds like you are ready and able!
There are a few men on here with rabbits who im sure will be along shortly to say hey!
Go take a look in the Rabbits in Need section ;)

ps, a rabbit isn't an 'it' they are a he or she!

Oh and also, its much better to keep rabbits in pairs, especially if you are at work!

Sounds like a match made in heaven! :D
Have a look in the Rabbits in Need section, there's lots of buns who would appreciate a masculine friend :D:D

:wave:Hey newbie (sorry don't know your name :oops::lol:)

Sounds like you'll make the perfect bunny Daddy :lol: plus like Leanne said, you are not totally alone on here, there are a few boys, but just ignore the moaning about men threads :lol:

This sounds great - and nothing at all odd about a 30 yr old male having a house rabbit! In fact . . . if you are wondering . . . I'm sure it would be a real attraction as far as some of us are concerned!

My partner (40 yr old hetro male) adores the rabbits as much as I do. He has been heard to say 'dady's home' to our French Lop Parsley - who he has developed a particularly strong bond with.

Hope that doesn't put you off!!

Ps having read your post again - and taken in the quarry tile floors, oak beams, concerned approach etc etc - if my OH ever deserts me can I and the 11 buns move in with you??

Ps having read your post again - and taken in the quarry tile floors, oak beams, concerned approach etc etc - if my OH ever deserts me can I and the 11 buns move in with you??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I get the feeling Superrug won't be single for long if he becomes a reg on here :shock: :lol:

Don't let the view of others put you off - all my friends think I'm a complete weirdo having bunnies running around indoors! My OH loves them just as much as I do too. :) Welcome to the forum - plenty of mad women on here, but there are men around too.

:wave: Hello

not strange at all for you to have a bun but yes your beams will probably take a beating! Mine have had the skirting boards, the doors, the coving (that is new and not yet on the walls!) the bed, the wooden floor!

If you are having him/her/them in the house I would advise to get a big litter tray as Minstrel hasn't got the concept of weeing in it and wees over the side!! One of the reasons we moved ours outside :lol:

ps, a rabbit isn't an 'it' they are a he or she!

My apologies :oops:, He.

Sounds good, i reckon. Cheers for your help and when I bring a woman back and she looks at me kinda strangly (because of the rabbit you understand !) i know who to blame. :D

Would i have to have two if im at work then , the last thing id want is for Neil to be unhappy.

My apologies :oops:, He.

Sounds good, i reckon. Cheers for your help and when I bring a woman back and she looks at me kinda strangly (because of the rabbit you understand !) i know who to blame. :D

Would i have to have two if im at work then , the last thing id want is for Neil to be unhappy.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, you definitely need a big litter tray. My 2 have a plastic dog bed:

indoorbunnies.jpg

And also one of those triangular corner cat litter trays, with a cover all the way round the edges to stop over-spill:

http://www.seapets.co.uk/product-details/stkcode/593016/category/852.html

Good advice me thinks !!! Think i would still have "Neil" in one of those dog cages while im out.

11 rabbits :shock: , you said 11 !!!!!! blimey i wouldnt have a house left ! lol

Well ive been looking at the Homes needed page and there doesnt seem any out Norfolk way at all, bloody farmers !!

Well thanks for all your advice and i think ill ponder over it this evening and see , might even put some pics up to check that the environment is ok.

Cheers folks
Ben

I think it is a great idea,I have 2 cats and i love my rabbits just as much and can be litter trained,so sound ideal for you.Flora and Parsnip on Tamsins thread are beautiful and older so you know what you are getting.Might also attract the ladies too as they will want to come and visit you ;)

Jackie

Oh Yes!!! Flora and Parsnip look loveley (I may be biased on account of the name:oops:).

Gosh they should bowl over any female freinds that come to visit!!! but don't forget the buns come first!!!

hmmmm single heterosexual bunny loving male in norfolk... interesting :lol: ;)

i got my rescue bun from sgprescue in sprowston :D cheryl is a member on here too and has buns listed on the rabbitrehome main site :D

and welcome to the forum :wave:

abi

Back