• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just a bit of piggy advise

jesska

Alpha Buck
well since october my three girl piggys have lived inside and because they was so young and there growthing out of their indoor change now is it too early to take them out into the shed as their alot biggger home out there,will it be too cold? :?
xx thanks
jess

I'd say it's far too cold, yes. You need to wait until the nights are less cold in my view.

I've moved my piggies back outside into the shed, and they seem delighted at this! :D Their outdoor accomodation is much bigger than the indoor...so they are able to run and popcorn around more.
Add loads of boxes/tunnels and lots of hay....they'll be fine :D

Veronica
xxx

Might be worth investing in a thermometer, so you can see how cold the shed gets in the very late evening and first thing?

Could you rig up a shelf to make their indoor accomodation last a little longer until the weather improves.

Mine go back out in March/April depending on when the temp becomes more consistent. :D

while it's cold enough for me to put the heater on just for the piggy room, it's too cold outside for them I think. It could just be coincidence, but this is the first winter I didn't heat the piggy room (trying to save money) and 2 died - probably not from the cold but if there's anything wrong it doesn't help matters, and I've noticed they just huddle up in their hay when it's cold in there, so they aren't getting as much exercise. I put the heater on every day now and they look much livlier when it's warm :)

maybe though the day have them in their cause iv put them in the shed today and their seem alot more jumpy and running around and about 3-4ish put them back indoors before it gets cold and then when it come to may april then they be all ready for spring
jess xx

Back