• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New rabbit a girlie not a boy ADVICE NEEDED

maisydaisystar

Alpha Buck
Well the gorgeous grey male rabbit that i told you i was rehoming turned out to be an agouti female LOL.
My husband said it was grey (knew i should of waited to see for myself) and when I checked he is a she. The people we got her off rehomed her when their neighbours moved away. the original owners told them that it was a male and it was called Mitch, well I have Mitch's vaccination card it's an rspca one, apparently they had rehomed a male and a female from them, and one died, as i had the girl, i thought they must of got them mixed up somehow, so it got me thinking that the other one who died must of been Mitch, so I contacted the rspca today, and they have confirmed I have Belle, but Mitches vacc card. It baffles me how people rehome two rabbits, and haven't a clue which one is which.the rspca said to ring them tomorrow and they should be able to give me some more info on her. So I need a male friend for her.
although don't know what my hubby will think of that, but i'll talk him round.
Anyway she is adorable, although I think she may be a tiny bit overweight, do french lops sometimes resemble a football?????

Last edited:
have spoke to the rspca this morning, they can't tell me how old she is as she was a stray, but they have confirmed she has been spay, They also mentioned that they have two white lop lionhead males that have been neutered, and we could try and bond her with one of them, How do I convince my husband though? haven't tackled that one yet, he doesn't know I plan on pairing her up. They also advised I make a divide in the hutch to bond them, whats the best way to do this ?.

They also advised I make a divide in the hutch to bond them, whats the best way to do this ?.

My suggestion would be if you have not bonded before, is to talk to Cheryl at Sprowston and see if she could help you bond your pair of rabbits or alternatively to help you bond your bun to another. Cheryl is very experienced with bonding and would offer you follow up support.

the one i have is female ( although i was told she was a male) and the rescue have 2 available males, so we could try and bond her with one of these.
Thanks for the advice,I know of cheryl, we both go on the guinea pig forum, so I could ask her. good idea.
Maybe the rspca could bond them there??? it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Thanks

Back