• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yey - real progress

Cob-Web

Warren Scout
Flopsy and Topsy have been real :censored: to handle - they are happy to eat from my hands, and even tolerate the occasional tickle behind the ears, but the second I try to pick them up, they panic :( The lady I rescued them from said they were mean, and would bite, but they have been fine with me, although I haven't pushed it ;)

Today, I popped an open carry-box at the end of the run, hoping to encourage them in and reduce the stress of handling and immediate success - they both hopped straight in, allowing me to move them back into their hutch stress-free :D

Although I know that they will need to learn to tolerate being handled in the long term, will it do any harm to leave them to settle in for a few more weeks, before I start to try and desensitise them? They have had such a huge change, and are still in temporary accommodation at the moment, it seems unfair to expect them to tolerate handling so soon :?

In a few weeks we will have a run that I will be able to sit in with them and let them explore me in their own time; which I am sure will help.

Back