• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tummy vibes please u/d - better

Deelove

Wise Old Thumper
I think Faline has tummy pains, she has been hiding in the back of the crate for most of the day. I have jlifted her out and checked her over and have given her a tummy rub. But she went straight under her rocking chair hideout and is refusing pellets and yummy things. :-(

She is exhibiting obvious tummy pain signs. I don't have any of the tummy stuff I've seen people using on here... Infacol is it? Anything else I can do other than rubs and liquids and getting her moving?

Last edited:
Aww im sorry sending lots of vibes, if she has been like that all day i would prob take her to the vet to get pain killers and gut stimulate and a general check, if you could get to a shop to buy infacol that would prob help as well. Hope she will be ok, has she poo'd and is eating? xx

Aww. Poor bunny. ^^
A vet can give painkillers and a gut stimulant, I think. And she would probably need keeping warm, too. Getting her moving around, and offering water can be helpful, also. Infacol works when there's gas.

If she has not eaten all day and has been hiding away I think she needs to be seen by a Vet tonight.

Cooled boiled water via syringe and keeping her warm is good 'First Aid' treatment. But she probably needs prescription medication too

Please let us know how she is doing

Janex

She hasn't been as bad all day, just a bit quieter, she came out when I cleaned them out and did some poos then. I feel like I've jinxed it since I thought she wasn't herself and then started to worry she'd get poorly again. :cry: I last saw her eating hay at about 3.

What sort of shop would I find infacol in?

My little Fizz wouldn't eat breakfast this moning and seemed to want to hide away :( I popped her to the vets and she had a painkiller and gut injection.. Thankfully she's eating again :D

Vibes for Faline, hope she's okay..

karen x x

In a supermarket store, really hope she is ok try syrnge feeding her some mushy pellets if she wont eat some herself xx

In a supermarket store, really hope she is ok try syrnge feeding her some mushy pellets if she wont eat some herself xx

Ermmm, sorry I have to disagree with the syringed feed. Syringed water is OK but until you know why she is not eating putting food into her may do more harm than good. For example if her stomach is not emptying or is distended putting more food in may make her very poorly indeed.

I really would urge you to contact a Vet. Even if it is just to obtain some telephone advice

Janex

Ermmm, sorry I have to disagree with the syringed feed. Syringed water is OK but until you know why she is not eating putting food into her may do more harm than good. For example if her stomach is not emptying or is distended putting more food in may make her very poorly indeed.

I really would urge you to contact a Vet. Even if it is just to obtain some telephone advice

Janex

Oh i thought she said she was bloated and thats what i got advised to do when pringle has bloat :? ...sorry
I too would agree to phone a vet though

Have phoned vet. He said to try and feed her some pureed fruit/baby food to try and keep her gut moving. I explained she has had stasis before and doesn't feel bloated.

I suspect he may have been the large animal vet though since he was talking about colic. He said to give her a couple of hours.

I hate how quickly they go downhill. It's very worrying.

Oh i thought she said she was bloated and thats what i got advised to do when pringle has bloat :? ...sorry
I too would agree to phone a vet though

If a Bun has a bloated stomach then it *might* be because the stomach, whilst full, is unable to empty into the 'next stage of digestion'. So if you syringe more food into a stomach that is already full it can potentially cause life threatening problems.

Tummy pain in Rabbits is not at all straight-forward and that is why its always best to consult a Vet in case our attempts to help the poorly Bun actually make them worse.

Janex

At about quarter to 12 she had a big drink and I managed to tempt her with half a shreddie. I was awake most of the night with worry but when I got up at half 6 she was her lovely spritely self again. :-D

I'm off at the weekend to get supplies for a first aid kit. :) Thanks for all your help.

Edit: I did have another post here about having phoned the vet but it seems to have vanished.

Back