• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rescues !!! at what point do you say no more.....

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
every rescue has to set a limit as to how many bunnies you can take in, but at what point do you say no to anymore coming in, once your at your limit do you stick to your guns and say no or is it depending on the situation do you still take the odd bunny even tho your full to bursting. At the moment it appears every rescue in east sussex is giving everyone my number for bunnies that are unwanted and im really struggling with saying NO :oops: just wondered how other rescues cope :rolleyes:

I stick my head in the sand and turn my mobile off :oops: If it rings and I dont know the number Phil answers it and says no without telling me the story so I dont feel bad.

If a Rescue keeps taking in more Buns than they can care for/afford they cease to be a Rescue and become a Welfare problem themself.

Thats why I could never do 'Rescue' I know I could never say 'no' and I'd get into a dreadful mess :oops:

Janex

When all our hutches are full I run a waiting list. This itself is difficult as people try the emotional blackmail bit and pester the life out of us.
You do get people saying 'you can have the hutch' but all our fosterers have as many hutches as they are happy with. I have to tell people that we don't have the room or time for anymore hutches.
I've been rescueing for 15 years and you have to learn to accept that you can't do it all - if you don't do this you are at risk of 'burn out' and then you end up helping none. I have seen this happen too many times.

Back