• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

creative people! need help!

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Hi,
I am bored of my shed and hutch set up! (the only reason one bunny is in a hutch is because I have a very special guest at the moment ;) ) I really want to do something differant with my set ups, anybody got any ideas? Pictures would also be great :D

here is what I have at the moment:
this is the hutch (with out the run)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa082.jpg

the sheds:
DSC00126-2.jpg

inside they have a deep layer of shavings to burrow in, and eitehr a foot stool or table to sit on and otehr toys. anyone got any ideas on how to make them more exciting?

To assist us, can you give us an idea of exactly how many animals you want suggestions for and what you have to accomodate them in.

for example
2 pairs of bonded rabbits
1 single rabbit.

2 sheds and their sizes. Do they have secure runs on them.
1 4 foot hutch with attatched run

Any things which can be put in the accomodation.

This will assist us to help you

well both sheds are 4ftX4ft and have a small run attached to the side which is secure (it wasn't finished in the picture) at the moment one shed houses a bonded pair of medium rabbits and the otehr one has a big (not giant) lop in.
The 4ft hutch has two stories lol but no run attached, it currently houses a single medium rabbit who gets 1 hour in a run then 2 hours inside the house exercise per night.
I was looking for ways to make the sheds more exciting like adding levels etc but i wasn't sure hot to go about doing it.

I was going to add shelved in my playhouse, but the walls wouldnt hold them, so I got a small sort of cabinet?? with two levels and put thet in yesterday, and they sit on both levels... I went in this morning to let them out and they were sat on top of it as it they ruled the world...
I couldnt stop giggling:lol:

We've got a dog crate with a shelf inside it, which is currently filled with hay for them to burrow in. We have a tunnel, dangly wood chews, cardboard boxes and a wooden nest box and we have turned the top of the dog crate into a big shelf/feeding platform.

I've got two shelfs in my poppy house Beth :D
They only use the floor for their litter trays the rest of the time they are chilling out on their shelfs..

cool :D
how did you fasten the shelves up?
I tried but the screws were too long and stuck out teh shelf :shock: needless to say the buns never had a chance to use them :rolleyes: :oops:

Hubby said he used 3x2 battorns which he screwed to the side of the poppy house. Then screwed the shelfs to the battorns..
The buns have a hidyhouse full of hay on the top shelf they love it :D
I'll try and get some pictures for you tomorrow..

Ill ask my dad see if he knows what batrons?:? are?

Can wait for piccies:D

small strips of wood usually about 1 inch x 1 inch and cut to width of shelf. I'd also put one at the back of the shelf to cope with bunny weight. The shelf then rests on top (and secured with screws)

Back