• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

These are my runs/cages/hutches

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
And for my last new thread today (sorry . . seem to have so much to share now I have learnt how to!!).

Here are photos of my patio and garden with my rabbit cages/arks.

The one of the long ark and tunnel is the one for Teasal and Robinia who live in the house/on the patio - the ark is opened during the day and the tunnel to the indoors always available.

In the garden are the three new adjoining 'cages' which we had to put in from fear of foxes - before that each pair/3some had their own fenced area of garden but we started to see foxes in the area

. Now they have huge hutches inside these three adjoining inidvidual cages: They are locked in the hutches (8ftx4ftx3ft I think) to keep warm at night - then let out into the cages in the day (12ftx9ft - 6ft high), and then if we are working at home we let them onto the 'upper' lawn in turns. The thing that looks like a long bungee is the electric 'fence' we attach at night.

The lower part of the garden (through the gate and arches) now houses the huge flowerbeds that used to be where the cages are now and then a further lawn ahttp://nd then the beehive garden. We had to change it all round as the cages could not go down where the rabbits used to be as there are fruit trees which would have been to tall!! Its taken us 2 months to sort all this out - but we are almost there!! May even have an "open garden' day again this year!!

We also have a 'honeymoon' pair living in a dog crate in the study -

PS In case you are wondering - no I didn't make them and Yes I do have an enormous credit card debt!!!! (not to mention the £600 for Willow's surgery this week!!): but as we all know - its worth every penny!!!

P2040007.jpg
[/IMG]

P2040036.jpg
[/IMG]

P2040016.jpg
[/IMG]

P2040010.jpg
[/IMG]

P2040015.jpg
[/IMG]

Is that Forsham Arks really big hutch in the enclosure? Those enclosures on the right hand side look really good, very strong etc (puts what I made to shame!). I'm not going to ask how much it cost! However would you like to come and sort our garden out??? Love the idea of the indoor buns having the choice of some fresh air :D

Hannah

Yes its all ~Forsham (hence the big dent in the credit card).
But they did come and install it all form me!!!

The patio ark/run is one of their duck ranges and we've had that for many years, and the hutches are the 'really big hutches' but we've added a front cut out hole with a sliding closure; and the cages are thier biosecure range. I should just mention that the hutches are much bigger than they look - its just that they look smaller in the piccy with Mulberry in as he is a GIANT!

Fanastic set-up, also, I cant believe I have only just 'twigged' who you are (I think) :oops: :lol:

Back