• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Rabbit hutches.

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
I thought i'd post some pictures of my hutches. I have two the same next to each other but I'm only using one of them at the moment as I have Hobbes and Phoebe indoors in a dog crate whilst Hobbes is being treated for an abscess.

This is Amber and Dexters hutch. Its from Happy Hutch and is 5ft by 2ft with a 5ft by 4ft run underneath. I would have bought the 6ft ones but at the time i only had a paved area of 10ft by 4ft for them to go on.
They will only wee downstairs :roll: so i have had to put two litter trays at the bottom and cover some of the run with plastic sheeting to keep it dry. The plastic sheeting was from Homebase and cost about £10 for an enormous sheet and i have fastened it on with plastic covered drawing pins from Staples (about £3 for 500)
I have put a separate piece of plastic on each door (so they both open) which overlaps the gaps round the door to keep out rain and draughts.

The front of the hutch, in the summer i remove the middle section of plastic so it doesn't get hot inside-
hutch1.jpg

The back, rain water does tend to collect on the top so i sweep it off every morning-
hutch2.jpg

Amber on the toilet! -
hutch4.jpg

Dexter's turn! -
hutch3.jpg

They also have a separate run which goes on the grass so they can have a good run round when the weather is nice :D

What happen if there is strong wind blowing at the bottom of the hutch?

Its has been really windy recently but none of the plastic has come off. The rabbits go upstairs if it is raining heavily and wet on the ground but they still nip downstairs for the toilet :lol:

Fab hutches! I like how the run bit is behind rather than in front.

Can we have some more Dexter pics? I love him.

Back