• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding vibes required.

janice

Wise Old Thumper
My challenge of this week is to bond two sets of rabbits. One is a lovely shiney black boy called Jack who has a proven track record of being difficult to bond with a lovely grey female called Emily. Emily and Jack have already had a few scuffles and Emily has been bitten on the ear by Jack :( They are currently playing hard to get.

I also have 2 other rabbits who have arrived who their own has been unsuccessful in bonding. These 2 I havent put together yet as I want to get Emily and Jack settled before I even put these anywhere near each other.

Tonight is going to be a long night :shock:

Oooh good luck Janice, I've seen the other posts and this sounds like a challenge. Keep us posted!:D

Sending TONS of vibes your way, Janice! If anyone can do it successfully, YOU can!!!!!:D :D

Hope you manage to get a bit of sleep! xxx

We are still having the odd fight with Jack and Emily, but they are getting shorter and the odd one is now self terminating .... so I am a little more positive than earlier. Other times they are playing hard to get.

My other pair are very similiar. I will get my exercise giong from room to room :lol:

:wave: for anyone that doesn't know Jack is my little monster :lol: (third from the left in my siggy)

I think he must have an ear fetish... that's where he injured the french lop he was tried with a little while back. I did have a word with him about being a gentleman before we left tonight, but I don't think he was listening :rolleyes:

In case there was any doubt, I think I can safely say.... Janice has nerves of steel ;) :shock:

I hope the cake makes up for it a little bit Janice ;) :lol:

I hope the cake makes up for it a little bit Janice ;) :lol:

The cake is beautiful, at 2.30 this morning I was sitting eating a slice :lol:

The night has been long ..... I slept on the sofa with a number of times I had to get up to separate either one or the other pair.

Both pairs are still having a go at each other, Jack is always the one to have a go at Emily, the time span between this seems to be getting longer in between and they are at times stopping themselves without any interventions which I consider is a positive thing.

After my boiler repair man comes this morning, I have to pop out to get a parcel, both sets of buns will be coming with me in top opening carriers ..........

Vernon & Chrissie

Olenka and I are keeping everything crossed that Janice can settle Vernon and Chrissie together.
Vernon, a gorgeous Lionhead, has been with us since June last year and tragically lost Mona, his g/f, two Saturdays ago to a dastard fox as she ran playfully in our garden.
He's been putting on a brave face since and licked Chrissie's nose when we first introduced them last week but she attacked him (almost funny given's she's half the size of Vernon) and it's been downhill since. Keep the faith that love will win through!

So far this morning things have been reasonably quiet, although we have a VERY long way to go. I do think we are possibly making progress although very slowly.

Chrissie and her partner have spent time sitting apart, I am trying to encourage them to sit together in the litter tray which they would not tolerate last night without a fight. They are still having the odd chasing episode which on the odd occassion I am having to separate them. They sit quietly for about 15 minutes before Chrissie makes a retreat. This is them.

CIMG0022.jpg

Jack is still on the odd occassion trying to reduce the amount of loose fur that Emily has, they stop if I clap my hands and don't need to be physically separated now ... probably famous last words :?

They will spend time in the same tray on their own accord, Jack will spread out in a very relaxed manner whereas Emily remains on guard waiting for the next attack.

CIMG0020.jpg

I don't envy you at ALL, hun.....I am getting heart palpitations just READING about it!!!:shock: :oops: :lol:

Keeping all fingers and toes VERY firmly crossed!!!!!

All afternoon I have not physically had to separate either of these 2 pairs of rabbits.

Vernon and Chrissie have had one short lived chase after each other, generally they are sitting at opposite ends of the pairing up pen unless I pick Chrissie up and put her in the litter tray to sit with Vernon where she still stays for a short while before moving off for a wash. They both seem fairly chilled out this afternoon and both have sat and groomed themselves.

Jack and Emily have both spent the time in the litter tray together, again only a couple of chases both stopping spontaneously, Jack is very relaxed spreading himself out whereas Emily remains quite tense.

That is sounding promising, Janice!!!:D :D

I shall tentatively begin to uncurl my toes.....which appear to have locked in the curled position since I first read this thread!!!:oops: :lol:

I shall tentatively begin to uncurl my toes.....which appear to have locked in the curled position since I first read this thread!!!:oops: :lol:

That is my feeling exactly. Whilst I would like 2 pairs of loved up rabbits, I am perfectly happy for now with a little chasing with no fighting, this is a big move forward from overnight. One step at a time is all I ask ;)

I can't say I blame Emily for being tense, I feel a bit bad for inflicting Jack on her :lol:

It all sounds good for the moment though... I've still got everything crossed for both pairs.

I have just spotted Jack licking Emily, he then ruins it my pulling on her fur! She was very mature and just moved out of his way.

I think we are slowly moving in the right direction, I am just hoping that we won't go backwards and remain moving forward even if it is very slowly.

Back