• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fruit and veg

This thread will help though it's hard work reading (needs an edit and prune):

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=46015

Muppet likes: carrot, rocket, broccoli, savoy cabbage, spring greens, cauliflower incl leaves, celery, pak choi, parsley, mint, basil, curly kale, cucumber, radish. [Some of these things should only be in small quantities and/or not daily.] If he's lucky enough to get a treat, then he gets a small piece of apple or banana or pear, or a grape and some grape stems or a raspberry.

right, avoid (wierd) fruits like mango, advacado etc. try rasberrys, strawberry, grape, apple, pear etc.

for veg all sunday roast veg except potato, all salad but small amounts of lettuice because it can make them sleepy, whole corn on the cob is good because they have to chew loads to get sweetcorn off so is good for their teeth and keeps them busy.

just remember to introduce new fruit and veg one at a time and in small portions to start with just in case they show any ill effects you can identify which one it is and make sure not to give them it again.

whole corn on the cob is good because they have to chew loads to get sweetcorn off so is good for their teeth and keeps them busy

Agghh - confusion! I thought sweetcorn on the cob was bad for them......there is loads grown locally; I even checked in past threads and thought it was a no-no :?

from books i have read and my own experience my rabbiy loves it as a treat why what has been said about it?

thanks guys i thought it would be nice to mix up his food a little with some veggies i've given him watermelon and him loves it sharing my plate with me lol!! is that ok 4 him though as it is quite watery?

Sweetcorn is in season at the moment so I've got loads of the outside green stuff. Anyone know if that's good for buns?

thanks guys i thought it would be nice to mix up his food a little with some veggies i've given him watermelon and him loves it sharing my plate with me lol!! is that ok 4 him though as it is quite watery?

Our buns love watermelon too. I do poke out the seeds first though. They eat the fruit and the green outer bit. All of it gone in less than a minute.

yeah i couldnt believe it i was sat on the floor minding my own business and ludo came along and helped himself to some and it was gone in a few minutes bless him!

Back