• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Xeno 450 application

~bailey~

Mama Doe
My girlie bun, Luuna, has what looks like dandruff and little bugs living in her fur. I have some Xeno to treat her. It says to apply on the back of the neck and down the spine. She can't reach her neck to groom, but she can reach her spine. Won't it hurt her if she ingests it? I'm worried about it, especially after hearing all the awful Xenex reports (which the vets gave me, even when I asked for Xeno :roll: then said any side effects of Xenex were probably due to incorrect dosage :evil:).

I've use xeno 450 and when i did so i only applied it behind the ears so that they couldn't reach. My vet advised me to do it this way and it worked just as well. I have never had a bad experience with it so i'd use again in just the same way!!

I've use xeno 450 and when i did so i only applied it behind the ears so that they couldn't reach. My vet advised me to do it this way and it worked just as well. I have never had a bad experience with it so i'd use again in just the same way!!

i used it on bifs neck shoulder blades and spine..it didnt have the horrific xenex ultra reaction thankfully but its done her no good whatsoever..i took her back today to vets as she was due her other dose next monday.
well its been over a week since she had it and she appears fine so far so good.

i used it on bifs neck shoulder blades and spine..it didnt have the horrific xenex ultra reaction thankfully but its done her no good whatsoever..i took her back today to vets as she was due her other dose next monday.
well its been over a week since she had it and she appears fine so far so good.

Aw, I hope they can sort out Bif's mites Debbie :( They must have been triggered by the unbonding and stasis, I think Luuna's were triggered by Bailey injuring her and also not being able to groom while she was wearing the cone :(

I applied it to Luuna last night. She hasn't tried to lick it off and she is fine this morning, thank goodness! I did it on the back of her neck where she can't reach. I was so worried, the first thing I did this morning was check she was ok :oops:

glad to hear she was ok with it too. poor Luna.....id say like Bif it was probably the unbonding..plus poor lunas injuries...stress and esp the stress of wearing a collar....these days most vets hate to use them on buns because they get so stressed.
Stress lwoers their bodies immune system responses and as there are usually a few non bothersome mites hiding on most buns ive been advised then when ill or stressed they get an infestation..i always just thought the bedding was the only culprit!
Thank you..yeah i think Bifs even glad theyre sorting her mites out...bless her.
shes been binkying tonite!!

Back