• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Rabbit food is best and what do you all use?

maisydaisystar

Alpha Buck
Hi,
The bunny I have rehomed is eating Wagg museli at the moment,should I change the rabbit slowly over to rabbit nuggets so she doesn't selective feed, or is wagg a good food to leave her on, she does leave some of the mix???????
Whats the best rabbit food, which do you all use?

Science Selective. It's between £12-14 for a very large bag (10kgs I think) and I think it works out very cheap. I have 12 buns plus fosters and this goes a long way (they get an egg cup each full a day to promote hay eating). I think all of my bunny friends and fellow rescue workers all use it too.

I use a mix of Allan & Page and Science Selective now :)

If you want to keep her on the mix, reduce the quantity right down to say a tablespoon or two so that she's forced to eat more hay and therefore will eat all the mix when its given to her

At the moment my two are on an assortment of food all mixed together, mainly doson and horrell and burgess excel junior. But I'll soon be moving them onto Allen and Page rabbit pellets as it's around £6-8 for a 20kg bag and apparently very good.

Science Selective. It's between £12-14 for a very large bag (10kgs I think) and I think it works out very cheap. I have 12 buns plus fosters and this goes a long way (they get an egg cup each full a day to promote hay eating). I think all of my bunny friends and fellow rescue workers all use it too.

Mine are on Science Selective too and I buy the big bags as it definately works out very economical. Brought one the beginning of December and its still not finished.

Cookie was on Tesco Value mix when I got her - its really awful. I cant beleive there is anything of nutritional value in it at all. I gave it to her for a couple of days with Science Selective mixed in but she didnt seem to eat the Tesco mix at all, so Ive just binned it and am just giving her the Science Selective. She really likes it.

I use Oxbow Bunny Basics (/T and 15/23) :D

Does anyone have a list of ingredients and the nutritional values in allen and page pellets?

I use Oxbow Bunny Basics (/T and 15/23) :D

Does anyone have a list of ingredients and the nutritional values in allen and page pellets?

Can't find the ingredients yet...hang on

Have got the nutrients though :)

Oil 3.25% Protein 12.00 Fibre 23.00%

I use Allan & Page as we easily get through 20kgs a month :roll: and I went for high fiber content (although bunny basics/t is minimum 25% fiber).

Previously we had everybun on Science Selective.

One thing that popped into my head the other day was the notion of freezing it to try and improve the shelf life like you do with human food. But I have no idea if it would work, don't think it would.:?

I use Science Selective and the buns adore it. Its very good for their guts. I get a 10kg sack of SS about every month.

Uh-oh :oops: I'm guessing that Russell Rabbit is not a good choice then? The vet nurse thought it was OK.......but should I look for something different next time I buy food ? :?

Back