• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Temptation at my door!

Bubby

Alpha Buck
I need some moral support!

I popped into my local P@H, as I often do, to see what fun things they may have for our piggies and, as always, I strayed in the direction of the fluffies themselves. I take back all the nice things I have said about my local store because they had a gorgeous Himalayan doe in their adoption section with the adoption reason as "because I got too big to sell" !!! I have seen that rabbit in their 'livestock' section before but to be honest that is the most blatant way of shifting their stock I have ever seen.

The glass adoption 'enclosures' in my local are shallow enough that an adult can reach the top of large enough buns so I reached in for a stroke and she was so docile, curious enough to lift her head for a rub - there is absolutely no reason why she couldn't have gone to a loving home.

I'm normally ok with tugs to the heartstrings like that by my bf didn't help. He suggested we take her home and was coming up with all kinds of suggestions as to where we could keep her until we move etc.

I just need a bit of moral support!!

Awwww.... I feel so sorry for you and the bun....

I really HATE P@H Adoption centre....
They are just :censored:!

I popped into my local P@H, as I often do, to see what fun things they may have for our piggies and, as always, I strayed in the direction of the fluffies themselves. I take back all the nice things I have said about my local store because they had a gorgeous Himalayan doe in their adoption section with the adoption reason as "because I got too big to sell" !!! I have seen that rabbit in their 'livestock' section before but to be honest that is the most blatant way of shifting their stock I have ever seen.

The glass adoption 'enclosures' in my local are shallow enough that an adult can reach the top of large enough buns so I reached in for a stroke and she was so docile, curious enough to lift her head for a rub - there is absolutely no reason why she couldn't have gone to a loving home.

I'm normally ok with tugs to the heartstrings like that by my bf didn't help. He suggested we take her home and was coming up with all kinds of suggestions as to where we could keep her until we move etc.

I suggest you read this thread

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=114386

Off-loading 'old stock' via the Adoption Centre is *not* how the Adoption Scheme is meant to work :roll:

I would contact P@H Head Office tomorrow.

Janex

I know exactly which rabbit you are talking about as I have seen it in there loads, I saw yesterday it was moved to the adoption bit. I was tempted myself to get it because I thought it was lovely. It had been for sale for ages poor thing
Also wanted to add have they just realised this rabbit is a doe as it was for sale as a buck since way before christmas.
Sallyx

Last edited:
I know exactly which rabbit you are talking about as I have seen it in there loads, I saw yesterday it was moved to the adoption bit. I was tempted myself to get it because I thought it was lovely. It had been for sale for ages poor thing
Also wanted to add have they just realised this rabbit is a doe as it was for sale as a buck since way before christmas.
Sallyx

I'm assuming a does since it's name was snowdrop... probably my mistake.

Isnt that exactly what the P@H adoption scheme SHOULDNT be about!! Too big to sell???, or maybe that say, 'moved out the main display, so tiny cute babies can be brought in......'. :censored:

I was gobsmacked that they would be so blatant though. Its not like they even bothered to disguise it.

Just thought I would tell you a quick story about P@H. My Auntie took me to get some Hay and Food, because she neeed some for her Guinea Pigs... So I went with her... And there must have been 15-20 Guinea pigs in one pen:shock::shock:

My auntie is one of them people who doesnt care what people think, so she started to have a go at the manager... It ended up, with us being thown out of P@H...

I was so mad...:censored::censored::censored::censored:
How cn they be so evil:censored:

The thing that has and will stop me getting the bunny is the fact that it just encourages P@H that the adoption scheme is an excellent way of getting 'rid' of their older animals.

I truely hope that gorgeous Himalayan finds a loving home with someone that will get them neutered, vaccinated and bonded.

Anyone have the telephone number of Head office?

Back