• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Florence, Colleen, BooBoo & Adam Update Post 22

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
Well we started yesterday afternoon and all went really well. No scuffles at all. :shock:

Lots of humping by Adam :oops: and running by the girlies :roll::lol:

All bunnies have groomed the new boy Adam and he has groomed them all as well.

We put Adam in first and let him explore for a while. Neil got a great action shot.

bonding2feb08002Small.jpg

Then we added the girlies - BooBoo first for about 10 minutes then Florence and Colleen together. Both Adam and BooBoo wanted to be top bun. They met head to head and both tried to be the underneath bun. They then entered the stalemate situation where they were both chin to the floor, head to head to see who gave in. This happened a few times with Adam getting up and going. Then Adam groomed BooBoo and tried to hump her head. :oops: After a while BooBoo let him hump her a bit and he has groomed her ever since. If only they were all that easy!

Florence has been her usual skittish self with one look from Adam sending her running. Colleen has been more sensible and only ran while being mounted. Florence and Colleen have both been mounted and groomed and all have settled happily together from time to time.

Colleen still runs from BooBoo and for that reason they will stay indoors under supervision again today. We're still hopeful that they will get back to how they were before Stanley became ill.

Florence and BooBoo have called a truce, BooBoo is the boss again.

I sat in the dark with them for 1/2 hour before going to bed but happily nothing happened.

Heres a few photos for you. :D

bonding2feb08005Small.jpg

bonding2feb08012Small.jpg

bonding2feb08019Small.jpg

bonding2feb08020Small.jpg

bonding2feb08023Small.jpg

bonding2feb08027Small.jpg

bonding2feb08039Small.jpg

bonding2feb08034Small.jpg

Maria x

Last edited:
oh no..this makes me want to have giants....they're all so lovely. Glad its going well.

You have really beautiful bunnies, love the humping action shot :lol:

Do your buns not mind the laminate floor? Most of mine are ok, but 2 of them will not go on bare laminate for love nor money, I've even tried tempting them with a treat trail :lol:

You have really beautiful bunnies, love the humping action shot :lol:

Do your buns not mind the laminate floor? Most of mine are ok, but 2 of them will not go on bare laminate for love nor money, I've even tried tempting them with a treat trail :lol:

They don't seem to mind it. The heavier they are I think it's easier for them.

When we first got it Poppet found it hardest - she would run full blast for 5 or 6 seconds before she actually moved! :lol: But she is tiny and very fluffy.

Maria x

It's so much easier than the 11 bond we did over the summer!

Jaynie isn't too impressed though - 4 rabbits have her lounge at the moment - she keeps trying to have a look!

Maria x

I'm SO glad that it is going so smoothly with them! Will keep my fingers crossed that they continue to bond and turn into a happy family!!!:D :D :D

Yep -it's all looking good so far. Just Colleen and BooBoo who need to re-establish their friendship.

BooBoo keeps moving Colleen on, and now Colleen just moves if she comes anywhere near her. Colleen is perfectly relaxed, grooming herself and Adam and Florence except when BooBoo comes near. Just need her to regain her confidence. :roll:

I have to say this is the easiest bond we have done. :D There have been times when we think the chasing will never end but their has been no aggression - Just Adam playing hump chase :oops:

Maria x

Wow this is fab! I love news of a harmonious bond it makes such a change!! Glad its all going so smoothly. I love the pic of Flo in her tray with gentle nose touching from Adam! Bless! Can't wait to see more pics x:D

Back