• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post Spey Appetite....

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
Matilda came home last night 24 hours after her spey... she is doing good but has very little appetite. She has nibbbled on some greens and carrot but that is about it... maybe a bit of hay.... now I am worried :?

Sophie was the same after her spey too.

Would she take some pellets mixed with a bit of water from a syringe?

She has had something so that is a start, she is probably still a bit woozy.

I would keep tempting her with her favourites but if she really doesn't eat anything you might need a trip to the vets :(

She is a very nervy bun.. which is strange as her brother is the total opposite, however I think that syringing her would really stress her.... want to try and avoid it.. she is eating something but just not alot.... :(

Awww, best not to stress her out then :(

If she is eating a little, give her time. I would keep an eye on her and offer her the food she really likes.

The fact that she is eating a little is good. She may just be coming round a bit slower as she is a nervy bun, she might be sore, woozy and a bit nervous too.

Has she had anything this am?

Yeah pooping and weeing ok.... she has just had some celery leaves so I am getting stuff in her... its just not alot.

You can try sweetening her pellets with a little fruit based baby food and softening them in warm water, this is the first thing Inca ate when I got him home.

Only use a little baby food (apple & blackberry goes down well) due to the sugar content.

Back