• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Changing food

lynseybrown

Warren Scout
im currently in the process of changing my buns food doing it gradual over a 10 day period, but they keep sorting through it and leaving the new stuff in the bottom of their bowls what should i do???

Hehe, norty buns! I would persist - what are you changing them from over to?

You could always start making the food you want out less and less, they should eat it eventually!

I've been lucky with mine, they both change over fine.

I was told to change them over from selective to excel light cause my nethies a little overweight and she kept getting poopy butt, the vet nurse said she'd seen loads of buns with the same problem and it was since selective changed

Yeah, some of my lot got dodgy tummys when it changed, I wasn't impressed there was no warning of a change :? I agree with loopylop, keep going as planned and they'll eat the new food as they get hungry :)

Hiya.

My neddie dwarf was overweight when we got her. She lost weight simply by cutting down the amount of pellets, not by changing them. This did the trick and we have no sticky bottoms at all, especially since she lost the weight and can get to her bottom.

All of our rabbits only get an egg cup full of pellets daily, so maybe it's just worth giving less to start and not changing over at all?

You said your vet nurse mentioned seeing more bunnies with bottom problems since Science changed. I have it on a very reliable authority that it hasn't changed at all, only the packaging has. It mentions fenugreek but this has always been in the food. The new packaging was to attract the bunny parent.

Is my authority wrong? Do you know different?

I thought something was added to it? If not the new packaging must have been what turned my fosters tummies!! :lol:

Back