• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At what age are buns "adult" size

buda

Warren Scout
At what age are buns "adult" and stop growing (lenthways, I'm sure they, like us can continue growing sideways :lol:). I just want to know when our buns are at about their max size.

Sorry if this has been asked before!

Small breeds such as Netherland Dwarfs can stop growing at 6 months. Large breeds such as French Lops or Giants can grow until they are 1-2 years old.

Small breeds such as Netherland Dwarfs can stop growing at 6 months. Large breeds such as French Lops or Giants can grow until they are 1-2 years old.

Ooh really? I've been expecting Starsky to keep growing as he's 5 months, but he's miniscule in comparison to other rabbits. :lol:

ive been told they stop actively gaining weight at about 7 months and then just fill out until 18 months but at a much slower rate... alvin is 8 months now and i dont expect him to get much bigger if at all

Thanks, our buns are 6 months so they have a little while to go yet. Not sure what breed they are which is one of the reasons why I asked.

Back