• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

willow: feeling hopeful!

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Willow has been home with us for 6 days now after having her GI operation last Monday for a complete blockage of her duodenum (sp?), She seems to have recovered really well and has a huge appetite for her greens and hay - though we are restricting pellet intake at present. She is poohing big normal poohs, though we are still giving maxolan twice a day just to make sure!

Today we took her out to sit in the hutch area when it was sunny - and she loved being back out. Though she is back in for the night now.

We have kept her partner in a cage next to her - but today took both 'lids' off so they could start to bond again. It will take a few days as it was a very difficult bond in the first place, and we have to be really cautious with her and he is a bit of a ruffian.

So now its just a matter of waiting and seeing if the surgery has any longer term bad effects (post op adhesion or scar tissue lumps) which will make her have a tendancy to blockage again - or whether we will be incredibly incredibly lucky and have one of the very few buns that has survived gut blockage, gut tympani and emergency GI surgery.

I really really hope that she is a lucky one! She has been so brave.

PS Pumpkin and Peaches now through their spays and 'grown up girls'!! Once Peaches has fully recovered from the op she will get to stay with her new boyfriend Parsley (see the three colour buns thread . . he's so handsome!)

I will try and photo her later and post it.

At oresent have the 'happy newly weds' of Parsle6y and peaches scurrying round my feet . . . . oh no . . . and the lapt1§op

Back