• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When will my rabbits ears lop

Hi i have a baby british giant x german lop. His ears are getting big but at the moment only one has lopped. Any idea when the ears normally lop. He is 11 weeks old:wave:

My lop had helicopter ears until the day he was neutered. When i picked him up they were both lopped. i asked them what they did to him, they thought it was quite funny :lol: I quite liked them lop sided lol

Sometimes they never lop, or only one lops so you end up with a helicopter bun. Seeing as he's a cross between and lop and an uppy eared bun then he could well end up helicopter like (one up, one lopped). Nothing to worry about though. Seeing as he's still a baby there's still time for the ear to lop.

Gloria has lop ears, but they don't hang down. They are sort of horizontal and she can lift them up which is lovely. She usually ****** one up if she hears something, which looks funny and both if it involves food!

its just strange that the one that is still up falls onto the lopped side i was just worried that there was something wrong with that ear

I remember once seeing a rather odd pair of brothers:p
Our school has rabbits (agriculture school) and once we got an accidental litter of lop dwarves. (I am only 90% sure they're pure though:lol: Since we didn't know who the father was:p)
My friend bought one, and another one stayed behind at school till he was 3 months old.
The odd thing is, when she bought her rabbit (Sasori) he was 6 weeks old, with one ear lopped, the other one standing, his brother (Rabalder) had both ears loped.
When the two were 3 months old however they had swapped, Sasori now had loped ears but Rabalder had one standing up:lol:
As adults however he looked like a pure lop again:roll:
Zakura is part lop, but her ears are usually up. I have noticed however that if she's relaxed, I can push one down (I could never do this to her father, he was a netherland dwarf, they were just too stiff) but never both, unless I hold them down.
Sat like this one day and pushed one ear down, then the other, the first came up, pushed it down, the second came up and so on:lol:
One day I even found her sitting in her cage with one ear loped. She doesn't normally do this when she's alone though :roll: But it's kind of cute:D

its just strange that the one that is still up falls onto the lopped side i was just worried that there was something wrong with that ear

Jack's-Jane has a lovely rabbit called Lady Lydia of Lopsley, she posted a pic of her recently and her uppy-ear was leaning to the lop ear side too so it can happen! So sweet :love:

I think helicopter ear buns are adorable too! Our Olliver came to us like that but after a few months the other ear lopped too. I was a bit sad when that happened.

Back