• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits that dont eat carrots!!!!

hiya all :)
does your rabit eat carrots because my rabbit doesnt:rolleyes: i dont know abut the new one but my rabbbit fred doesnt and thumper did but unfortutly he had to be put down:( !!!
let me know if your rabbit does like carrots !!!
amy x:rolleyes::wave:

I have Noah who doesn't like carrot. He has a slither of pear instead when the others get some.:D

They dont really eat the actual carrot, but they love the bit on top...The green long stem thing...

Mine just love carrots, but only get a half each once or twice a week. Our old rabbit Holly loved pears. We have a pear tree in the garden beside the run and she used to wait for my OH to come in from work cos he would pick one off the tree for her. She would spear it with her teeth then run around frantically trying to find a private place to eat it!!!! :lol::lol::lol: I used to give him a row for giving them to her too much, but they wee such a team that the deed was done before I noticed.

Zakura will eat them, but I don't think they're her favorite treat so to speak:lol:
She prefers fruits, bananas in particular:D
Yesterday I found two pieces of carrot frozen stuck in her water bowl:lol:

I find that Bobbin doesn't like anything first time I offer it to him, carrot was one of them. I have to offer him new foods several times before he plucks up the courage to eat it. Usually he loves it when he does try it.... silly boy! :rolleyes: :lol:

I find that Bobbin doesn't like anything first time I offer it to him, carrot was one of them. I have to offer him new foods several times before he plucks up the courage to eat it. Usually he loves it when he does try it.... silly boy! :rolleyes: :lol:

:lol: He sounds like molly. He ran away from banana the first time I tried him with a bit.

How old is your bun? It could be an age thing too.

Our very old bun Sharmi loved carrot but then we got 2 babies who didn't like it. Once they turned about 4 months though they got a taste for it. Maybe their soft baby teeth couldn't handle carrot.

Carrot tops are such a favourite for buns. It's just too bad most places sell carrots without tops. Just imagine thousands of carrot tops going to waste!

Back